Worst and best PS game made because of a movie?

JoanMcWench

Banned
We all know that most games that are released because of a movie or inspired by a movie are pretty shoddy wastes of time. However, once in a while there is a game that can suprise you. I want to know what you feel is the best game released with/for a movie and the worst for the PS systems?

Street Fighter: The Movie. It was made by ACCLAIM! It was going to suck ass out the gate. The only way a worse job could've been done is if LJN did it.

As for best: Scarface: The World Is Yours. As I always said, it was Vice City if Vice City had a bigger map and not so outlandish characters. It wasn't better than Vice City, but it came close as any game based in the Miami Cocaine Cowboys era.

Eww Acclaim. Capcom should've known Acclaim would drop the ball on this unless they were saying "No, let Acclaim do it! Acclaim will never get it right if we don't let him do it!"

For worst, I'd say it's a tie between Independence Day and SF: The Movie.

Capcom knew better but they knew that game was going to be ass. They left it in the water and hoped it would sink. At least the movie had Raul Julia.

Raul Julia was an awesome M.Bison in that movie. JCVD was an adequate Guile. Everyone else was turrible.

You know, fighting games prior the PSX/N64/DC-era made for better animated movies, but didn't deliver on live action too much. They definitely had the hype behind them. I'd say the USA Network cartoons were better than the movies--at least better than the SF movie.

You know what game was in the middle? Spider-Man 3. It was based on a decent at best movie...and made a game that was just as decent.

Spider-Man 3 was a pretty middle of the road game. Graphically it was better than Spider-Man 2, but for some reason it didn't have the same charm. I'm thinking it's based on the movie the games are based on.

The Sandman bothered me in the movie. He actually grew large and moved into The Avengers or Fantastic Four territory. Where in the hell were they? This all took place in the general location of both groups! Spider-Man could've at least gotten Heroes For Hire, Daredevil, random Hulk, etc.

I thought I was the only person bothered by the Sandman in Spider-Man 3. Seriously, he became a bigger problem than he ever should've been and it was like Spidey and a Goblin were the only ones to deal with it.

I don't know what it was. Maybe Spidey was beefing with everyone? This wasn't the kind of situation where there was no news coverage or something.

I thought Spiderman 3 was a pretty decent game. Nothing special, but it was very enjoyable for what is was.

Spider-Man 3 could've been a good game if not based on the movie. If you forget you're playing a game based on the movie and take it as just an adventure it's a good Spider-Man game.

I agree with dannyboy. I was actually enjoying Spider-Man 3 a lot until I remembered I was playing a game based on Spider-Man 3 the movie. That ties into Thundersteel's point.

Batman and Robin for the PS1. A horrible movie inspired a horrible game. Thinking about it sends shrivel down my spine. Anyone that hasn't seen the game can go look it up on Youtube and you'll know what I'm talking about.

Batman and Robin for the PS1. A horrible movie inspired a horrible game. Thinking about it sends shrivel down my spine. Anyone that hasn't seen the game can go look it up on Youtube and you'll know what I'm talking about.

When it comes to 90s Batman only the cartoon spawned a good video game.

Back