Original Xbox Wwe raw

dannyboy

Has anyone ever played this wrestling game for the Xbox? I thought the graphics looked really good for its time and the gameplay was pretty fun for the most part. I don't if i would rank above any of the Smackdown games for PS2 at the time, but i thought this game was pretty good.

The original RAW? I got it when it was released and loved it. I never EVER got the hang of all of the controls though, but then again, I was too dumb then to just read the manual :(. So everytime I got put in a submission move, I had to tap out. The graphics were really good for the time, you were able to set up your wrestlers full custom entrance/fighting style/etc like most WWE games. Gonna have to dig that one out and have some nostalgia.

Ever since my eyes were opened to the reality of the WWE, I never played a single wrestling game in my life. The last the I have played is WWF Smackdown for the PS1. I thoroughly enjoyed the game at the time. When I was able to get hold of an Xbox, my interest in Professional Wrestling already waned. Though I saw that there was such a huge difference in graphics as compared to the PS1, I never bothered to purchase.

Like you I was also effected by the loss of the 'WWF' brand to the wildlife charity :(
I guess it was a lil confusing though?

I remember when Smackdown first came out! Me and my friends were really excited! Up until that point the best wrestling game out was WCW vs NWO revenge on the N64 ( I still think its the best that ever came out ).

I had that 1st Smackdown on a 95% complete beta version that cut out half way through the season mode to a crash screen. Oh I was the envy of many friends before the game came out.

Still got RAW 2 for my 360 (sorry, i know the thread is about RAW 1). IMO the career mode in RAW 2 is the biggest missed opportunity in all the recent WWE games, they do the WWE Universe mode but if they implemented an online version of the RAW 2 multiplayer career it would be perfect.

Also, for any that havent already, read the Bret 'Hitman' Hart book from a few years ago, really interesting and a great read.

I remember playing a ton of WWE games up until a year or two ago. I would make tag teams of my college friends and I. We'd have awesome matches and it was a really good time. When there was an TNT game and WWE game, I got the WWE and my buddy got the TNT game and we traded off after a bit. I still never played the TNT game because there's just so much to play but I do love those WWE games.

There was a WWF Raw for the Sega Genesis that I played a lot. I don't know if the two are any similar (obviously the graphics are far different), but it was a lot of fun. I played at least one other game for the PS1, and another one that I can't remember the title of. They're pretty fun when they're done right, though, even if you aren't into wrestling that much.

@ Murray, I agree. I was very much into playing wrestling games, but recently that has cooled off. I have every game in the Smackdown series for the PS2.

Never liked it. It always felt inferior to the Smackdown games to me, not to mention the fact that the controls were occasionally pretty confusing. Even I've heard decent things about Raw 2 though but never felt the urge to try it after completely hating the first game.

I don't think I played a bad wrestling game in the post SNES/Genesis era. The N64 games were all good, the PSX games were all good, but after that I really started to lose interest, though I've heard good things about the last gen games.

I don't think I played a bad wrestling game in the post SNES/Genesis era. The N64 games were all good, the PSX games were all good, but after that I really started to lose interest, though I've heard good things about the last gen games.

From my experience they have been average to bad starting from the first Smackdown vs Raw game. There is a lot of hype about the new WWE 2k14 though, so maybe they've got it right with that one.

From my experience they have been average to bad starting from the first Smackdown vs Raw game. There is a lot of hype about the new WWE 2k14 though, so maybe they've got it right with that one.

Wrestling games have gotten more innovative and realistic, but they don't seem to be as fun as older wrestling games.

Eh. RAW was pretty good.

The WCW vs NWO games were really good too

"Really good" is an understatement. The THQ/AKI wrestling games on N64 (WCW/nWo Revenge, WCW vs. nWo World Tour, WWF WrestleMania 2000, and WWF No Mercy) were THQ's very best games. The PS1 and PS2 games come in at a collective second (the PS1 games were a jagged mess compared to the N64 ones) with WWE Smackdown: Here Comes The Pain being the crown jewel of the PS2 era. Day of Reckoning was awesome because it pretty much like No Mercy (which is generally put up at the best North American wrestling game).

I stopped caring about the WWE games after Smackdown vs. RAW. I played a few afterwards, but none really touched the N64/PS1 to PS2/GC games.

That's the true about wrestling titles from that period. There are great things from WWE 2K and the later SmackDown vs. RAW games, but neither manages to pull everything together in a great package like Here Comes The Pain which was the last to do it properly.

I wasn't a huge fan of WWE RAW, but I had fun with it at the time. I knew a few people in school who had it and the last day of school they'd bring it with them, but it was all about the SmackDown series during that period.

That's basically what we did on the last days: bring your Xbox, PS2, and N64 and play wrestling and racing games. Maybe fighting games. Word always got around that someone brought games.

Did you have that one guy who was like "You didn't bring any X games or this game? I don't want to play this."

That was Rufus. I remember MetalSwift brought some wrestling games, Tekken, and that Unreal Tournament game that was on PS2 and he wanted Madden. You bring Madden or any sports game to school when it's JUST going to be a small group of 2-4 playing and no one else is waiting their turn. I still remember the tournaments from 10th-11th grade where we put the brackets on the chalkboard and everyone HAD to use the wrestler they picked throughout. The teacher ordered a pizza and there was a pot of cash to play for.

Back