Xbox 360 X-Men Origins: Wolverine Reviews

How would you rate X-Men Origins: Wolverine?

• 5 - Excellent

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 50.0%

Votes: 2 33.3%

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 1 - Not worth playing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kevin

Contributor
Below you can find the reviews for X-Men Origins: Wolverine. If you have any questions that the reviews didn't answer, start a new thread on the forum. Played the game already? Rate it above and tell us why you did or didn’t like it. Better yet, write your own user review!

8 out of 10 - Official Xbox Magazine
Read the full review here: Direct Link
It’s a savage game; the only thing more violent that the damage inflicted on Wolverine is the rapid and nonchalant dismemberment of everyone he comes into contact with. Mature’s one word for it: absurd and childish are other, more accurate words. But it’s a brilliant kind of ridiculous nonsense that’ll occasionally pull reluctant cheers out of your grown-up neck.

7.8 out of 10 - IGN
The story is convoluted, the bosses are boring and the whole experience isn't that deep, but this game sure is fun.

7 out of 10 - Game Spot
It's derivative and occasionally buggy, but solid action and over-the-top gore make X-Men Origins: Wolverine a cut above other movie tie-ins.

I played a demo of this, never got around to actually buying it. Wasn't interested enough. But I imagine it was pretty cool.. any game with Wolvy as the star HAS to be fun at some level, lol.

It was a good game. Not great, not awesome, but good. I remember getting it from a friend and enjoying it alot since I was low on games at the time. When I bought it a few years later I found that it wasn't as great as I thought it was, but it was still very fun.

8 out of 10 - Official Xbox Magazine
It’s a savage game; the only thing more violent that the damage inflicted on Wolverine is the rapid and nonchalant dismemberment of everyone he comes into contact with. Mature’s one word for it: absurd and childish are other, more accurate words. But it’s a brilliant kind of ridiculous nonsense that’ll occasionally pull reluctant cheers out of your grown-up neck.

This review really said it all. On a 1-10 scale I'd probably just give it a hard 6 or a soft 7, though. It was definitely a fun game.

I rated the game here, but it's definitely in the 6 or 6.5 range. It's a good looking game, exciting, violent, and it's Wolverine, but that's about it. You don't really care about the story, it's hard to make a modern bad game about Wolverine, and I remember being X-Men'd out at the time.

My brother had this game, but I never got around to playing it. He had it for a long time too. I'm an X-Men fan so I might give it a go. It's pretty inexpensive at the moment.

For the price it is at the moment, I'd say pick it up. It's not a top tier game, but it's a C to C+.

Hmm I have no problem with C games, really. Some are actually good but lack that extra "umph". Plus I'm a sucker for Marvel games.

Ehh, sure why not. A "C" game that most agree is about average or slightly above average tends to be those chameleon games where some with like it and others will find it decent at least with moments they can get into, but it's missing something. I'll give it a shot.

I wasn't a fan of this game. I liked it when I played the demo on PS3, but when I picked up the full game it was...repetitive as hell. I usually don't mind repetitive games either as long as the story and gameplay are good. The story was the flaw here. The action and gameplay wears off on you pretty quickly thought. The brightest points here are that it's a Wolvie game and that it looks good.

It was not really a mind blowing or new type of game for anything the game kind of got repetitive but I am a sucker for beat em up games. I feel though that if they had spent a little more time putting the game together then it could have been a lot better. I actually purchased the game because when I had played the demo it was actually fun but when it came to getting the full game I was not really impressed at all it was fun but nothing that I had not played before.

After playing X Men Origins for a little while, it did start to grow on me. I thought it was a lot of fun, actually. I usually don't go for these types of games, but I thought it was impressive. Nothing beats tearing through baddies with adamantium claws for a couple of hours. (or bone claws)

Back