Xbox 360 x360s red dot help please.

trik

From
ireland
Hi all,
how you doing.?

Can i ask alilttle help please.....

My dad as the x360s its well out of warranty,
(im using my x1, i still got my x360s but its packed away safe, in-case i need it )

He basically use's it for multi media, but he does play games sometimes, his favorite game is red dead, along with gta5, not me tho...on the x360s mine as to be command & conquer & same kind of games on the x1 .. tropico5.

The other day he phoned me & said that the x360s turns on with the controller & freeze's at the green xbox logo screen.
I told him to turn off the unit, power lead out, & remove the hdd, (the hdd i think was an old 60gb i had in an ps3 i fixed for brother-inlaw).
then turn x360s back on & should be ok.
But no he said.

Sunday when i was over at the parents he should me...
turned on the unit...
green little dot on the unit itself...
unit started to update...
then nothing on screen, & little red dot on the unit...
NO.....
I just thought that its not red ring of death, so should be fixable.

I brought it home, using the anti static strap. i striped down the x360s, all the security tabs are in place.
the amount to dust was amazing (but for a unit this old & still being used, id say not bad, but it was a lot tho.)
took out the mother board, i left the heat sink alone, fan removed ++, cleaned it all down & all the other parts including the casing. All sparkling.

Put the main parts back & powered it up, green dot for about 10 less seconds then solid red little dot came on.

Ive read a few read ups & that others have re-seated the heat sink & they say it did no good.

Ive seen this .....

the guy in the video says remove the fan power cable then switch it on then switch it off & this resets the mother board, (i need to re-read / re-watch the video again).
Have any of you seen this or any experience with this reset.?

Any other ideas i can try.?

With the ps3 fix i did on my bro' in-law was strip it down & re-worked the gpu (the 2 main chips) got them to 120 degrees c with a controllable heat gun, then allowed to cool / cold then re-seated with artic 5, back together, shortly after the hdd failed, this machine is still in use daily for the last 6 yrs used for multi media & call of duty black ops kino map ..

what you all think.?
help please......

thanks all.

Hi all,
I stripped down the x360s (used my anti static strap & board ) removed the heat sink X plate & got to the big chip.
Cleaned off the old thermal paste off both the chip & sink.
Put the heat shield foil over all the components / chips except for the big chip that as the heat sink on.
Put my thermometer wire very close to the chip then heated the chip to 125*¢ (257*f) for about 90 seconds then slowly decreased the temperature down to 50*c then removed heat all together & left it well alone for hour & half (90 minutes).

I put it all back together, used artic 5 thermo paste.
Connected to the tv / power, using hdmi, x360s did turn on went into logo screen for 5 seconds max then red dot again. (Not flashing).
I even did what the video says above & switch on with out the fan cable in for 30 seconds.

Any ideas please.
I think Xbox is the best console, but say 1 thing for PS3 ( don't no about ps2 or ps4) but PS3 you can re-work the GPU / chip & keep the unit running for awhile, done my old second hand PS3 phat about 3 timed, it's a bit noisy but still able to play online against my friend with black ops zombies kino.

If any of you have any ideas how I could fix my dad's x360s, please get back to me.

Thanks a lot for any help.

It might be the power brick i had a xbox 360 and it would do the red ring of death as in diff model so it doesn't have the dot and i changed out the power brick and it worked fine again if this does not fix the problem try going into the settings-system-storage then format all the memory unit if there is one it will remove everything so u would have to redo any apps installed how ever it might not work so fair warning on that

Morning Dominick.
Thanks for your reply & heads up on that.

I can't get past the first 5 seconds Max of the logo screen, when you first put on the x360s it makes a noise like they all do (the tune) then the green & yellow ( I think) lines do the dance making the logo, then red dot / nothing on screen.

The power brick, like I say I have my x360s in my bedroom safely packed, il try my power brick against the red dot x360s & see if it makes a difference.

Strange, I wouldn't of put that into the fix aid, if I see a unit of any thing power up I'd say power is all ok.
& like my dad's above red dot the fan spins, power brick goes green light (on) & orange light (off).

Red dot x360s is basically used for YouTube (music .. not film's) it could be on for anything 1 - 3 hrs.
He may play a game for 1 - 2 hrs (not often tho).
Were mine .. no YouTube of any kind, but gaming only & when I say gaming it could be on from 2 - 6+ hrs at a time. ( Before I met the wife, id get home from work at 6pm, dinner for half hr, then Xbox from 6.30pm - 12 / 1am most week day nights).
So to me which would I expect to break down...

Thanks for the help tho il try that later.

Have good day, & mind yourself with this virus going around the world.

Trik.

Back