Xbox One xbox 1 hdd.

trik

From
ireland
Hi all,
how you doing.?

Ive had my xbox one for good few years (5 yrs +) & its on every day for miniuim 90 minutes.
I couldnt be without it.

Its 1 TB, with no extra's, used only as games console & nothing more.

I have a few good games that i like to go back to ..like tropico 5...+ others.

I started playing COD call of duty warzone, well when i say started, i mean i got it good few months ago,
when i put the disc into the xbox, it took nearly 115 GB to download, then the next day when i went to play it wanted a big update. So then was up to around the 150 GB used space just by this game.

As you may know this COD updates very often & with big updates.

I do like a game the odd time but not that often, so i turned it on the other day & guess ... an update, so i said to my wife ...forget it..my xbox harddrive is 95% full .. no way im updating, so i deleted the whole lot & im down to 50 odd % full.

Now id love a game & my friend as asked me if id like a quick game online.

Reason for my / this thread is to ask...

I hear you can get an external hard drive.
& this hdd plugs in via usb into the xbox.

I have been thinking lately that il get a external hdd (1 TB), then il download the COD to this drive. then my xbox wont get blocked up with a game i only play once / twice a month.

But, i have 1 or 2 concerns.

1. i have read that some people are plug the hdd in & losing there wifi. & i only use my xbox via wifi.

2. i also have heard that the xbox has fans inside in order to keep the unit cool.
So by connecting any other usb or so called devices that this will put an extra thing on the xbox cursing even more temperature on the xbox internal parts, which these machines don't like.

Can i ask please whats your views on this.?

When i play this COD i could be playing for few hours.

thanks all.

Back