Xbox One XBOX 1 - My Summary

aintgonnahappen

I wont be buying it to skip right to the chase. Xbox really messed up here and luckily for all of us we can choose to buy another machine (ps4 will be my new machine)

The Good -
It's Xbox and usually I side with them
The controller looks better than the PS4
The machine specs are great
On-line play is far superior to PS
Price will be in-line with what is right

The Bad -

Once a day on-line check in so they can bird-dog used games usage is lame they took pre-owned games from us
Not backward compatible with the 360 or first Xbox games
The button con-fig stayed the same on the controller no attempt to innovate
Used games will come at an additional cost full market price will need to be paid in order to play on your machine
Cannot share games with friends (your machine can play YOUR games and nobody else's unless that game is purchased for YOUR machine
The glorified TV helper may have been a better name do we need a TV helper??

The Ugly -

They lost me and now I will be a PS4 gamer. I suspect most others will agree; too bad.

I actually like the fact that they didn't mess with the button configuration as for not backward compatible, I never understood why this is an issue with gamers. When I purchase a new conosle it's to play the new games that have come out, with all the new graphics and features, if I want to play an old game, then I would just play it on my old system.

Just note that the features of the PS4 is not released yet. For all I know, it could be even worse than the Xbox. There is a lot of hate on Microsoft at the moment, but once the Xbox One comes out, tons of people will still be buying it for some reason. I can't really make a decision as of yet, we'll have to wait until E3 to actually make one.

You said pro: you like the controller better but con: they didn't innovate on the controller? Which is it? And I thought the charge for used games was confirmed to be false?

Having to pay a fee for used games has already been said to be false by Microsoft reps.
There's no need to innovate with the controller.
Backwards compatibility isn't really that big a deal, honestly, though it would have been a good addition.

I dislike the Xbox One but I must disagree with these complaints of yours. The apparent focus on TV, the need to go online at least once 24 hours, the necessity for Kinect... now THOSE things are what makes me dislike the Xbone.

The button con-fig stayed the same on the controller no attempt to innovate

You don't fix what's not broken. The Xbox controller is perfect, yet they did update it. You just haven't watched videos or read articles about it. We don't need a touch pad in the middle of it.

I think, if you want to play Xbox 360 games, go play on Xbox 360. If they made it so it was backward compatible, it would hold the console back from innovation that you seem to be so attached to with the controller.

The games coming at an additional cost? All rumors right now.

Cannot share your games and used games? All rumors right now, nothings official. The rumors are constantly changing as you can see from some of the articles here on this forum.

Who cares about the names of the stuff? As long as it performs well, do we really need to complain about names?

You fail to explain why you have defected to PlayStation 4 as well. I haven't seen much of that console that is so convincing to ditch Xbox. It looks like I'll get more for my buck with Xbox.

I think PS4 maybe sweating a little bit if the specs of their console are not as good as Microsoft's. I suspect that PS4 comes out on top though. I really think it's not only going to look better, but it's going to be more dedicated to games than the Xbox. Of course both consoles can play games, but Xbox has really pushed the muli-media angle on the Xbox One, perhaps they should have focused more on what us gamers really want.

For the most part, i agree with you, but how can you say that the Xbox online is better? Is it because you have to pay to use it?

I think PS4 maybe sweating a little bit if the specs of their console are not as good as Microsoft's. I suspect that PS4 comes out on top though. I really think it's not only going to look better, but it's going to be more dedicated to games than the Xbox. Of course both consoles can play games, but Xbox has really pushed the muli-media angle on the Xbox One, perhaps they should have focused more on what us gamers really want.

I think they have a right to think that the Xbox one offers better features. An all-in-one system is definitely going to beat a gaming console in my opinion. It's just the features that the entertainment system offers. Honestly I believe the PS4 will have little to no competition in terms of sales. Feature wise goes to the Xbox One though.

I don't know. I feel like people are dumping on the Xbox One way to early. Yes, they had the reveal already, but that doesn't mean they aren't going to roll out a lot of new things at E3. While I agree that the PS4 is sweating a little, I think in the long run more people might go for the PS4 based on the fact that it has less problems and that it is more gaming orientated. But like I said it's a little early to make any decisions yet. Major ones at least. We'll have to just wait and see what else comes to light.

I think you are jumping to a few conclusions here. First off, the used games stuff is still up in the air. And we don't know the extent of Sony's strategy here either. I highly doubt that Microsoft will choose a path that is completely inferior to Sony. Part of the problem I think is that Sony hasn't announced what they are doing either, so Microsoft is probably afraid to commit to anything at this point.

Online verification is no problem for me. My PS3 is already "always online". And if this verification process allows me to play off of the hard drive then I like that, just so long as my used game sale/purchase process is not expensive or a pain in the butt. Peer to peer sales are the one glaring concern I have with used game sales but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt at this point. Also the used game sales stuff is a double edged sword. Publisher-friendly policy can hurt the consumer on the actual sale, but it may make publishers more apt to work with Microsoft on exclusive games and content than their competition.

You list the controller in the bad section which has me perplexed and wondering if this is a fanboy post. Because honestly the xbox controller is better than PS4 and the trigger rumble, adjustable trigger pressure, wifi direct, and improved everything makes me actually look at the controller as a major reason to buy this system over a PS4. The touchpad does nothing for me (I mean, is that to surf the web or point/click in games. I don't get it because the PS4 touchpad can't be used unless you remove a hand from the controller).

I'm blown away by Kinect 2.0 and that is must have for me. The spying stuff is concerning but not as much as facebook or the government's abuses to be honest. I'm more worried about companies having personal pictures and communications than watching me play video games or shoot pool. And with all Microsoft has at stake I bet they do a good job with privacy here. Their whole brand, OS included, is destroyed if they abuse this camera.

I think one problem is that people think the xbox won't have games because they haven't shown them off. After E3 it will be interesting to see if there is still all this negativity around the games aspect. I'll probably wait to buy anything to make sure that neither system is completely tanking. But as of right now, the Xbox One has vastly and incredibly more features than the PS4 at this time. It is truly incredible how big the gap is, yet people seem against MS right now. Kind of perplexing to me. But if you don't watch TV, like the NFL, use Skype, or care about loading discs then you might have a different view than me.

Not only do I disagree with a lot of what you say, but I think a lot of your cons are just flat out not true.

For starters, I'm personally really happy that the controller is staying the same. I don't know how you can list that as a con, but a new button configuration =/= innovation. All it will lead to is additional confusing, for absolutely no gain.

Moving forward, a lot of what you said about used games hasn't even been fully finalized yet. I think that a lot of this is just fear mongering, and I don't think the final result will be all that bad.

Simply put, when we had regular cell phones that just called people and then smart phones were invented and everyone bought it. I think the same is going to happen with this next-generation of gaming consoles. We have general gaming consoles, and now we'll have an all-in-on entertainment system built by the Xbox team. Its like saying you'd rather continue using a flip phone over a smart phone. (Not really the best of comparisons, but it works and you can see my point)

U are forgetting their is also a lot of unknown with the PS4! for instance will PS4 charge for online play? If you look at the big picture my hypothisis is yes u will pay to play online. Servers cost money to opperate. System and game sells alone will not gerenrate enough money to make it profitable for sony in the long run. Xbox has already announced they will have a powerhouse of 30k servers opperating through there cutting edge cloud technology. What does sony have? Gankia! they dont have near as many servers to compete with this number alone. The only sensible explenation would be for sony to charge a live fee to play online to keep up with microsoft.

Another key element is sony lacks 4K technology into their games! The only 4K technology they are using is for video and playback. Xbox has offically stated they will have 4K technology for both video and games. Sony as of now is just trying to sell their hardware specs and attention to core gamers because thats all their console does is game.

Even though Xbox one isn't as powerful as the PS4 by stats microsoft has compensated for this with their cloud technology. They have a large amount of extra storage memory dedicated to their cloud to lighten the work load of the DDR3 proccessor. I feel u wont see any difference in the two console as far as graphics and shadowing. Besides the power difference both systems are nearly identical in specs. The xbox one can do everything the PS4 can do and has live TV.

Listen to this; Quote from WIRED.com! With subscription TV over IP coming from Intel later this year, there’s always a chance that Microsoft could partner with Intel or other over IP pay-TV service to bring a full live TV experience to the Xbox One. Why fight with cable cards when a software update could deliver the same content? Yea xbox has aces up their sleaves and is ready to bring future technologys to our home entertainment system.

Lets not forget E3 and its about games, games, games! Xbox one will show that its more than just a cable box at E3 and have also stated to have 15 titles before the end of 2013!

On to controllers. Maybe u feel xbox hasent made any cutting edge developments in their controllers but im going to disagree with that 100%. Their is so much new technlogy cramed into their new controllers its rediculious. The PS4 has a bunch of new technlogies as well but the direction they went is wrong. A speaker in the controller,touch screen and motion sensor. He are my issues. The new xbox kennect can do all of what sony has incorperated into their controller. The touch screen is dumb because your eyes will be focused onto your controller then back to the screen and back to your controller and so on. Its more of a distration than anything. The voice chat through the controller why? Kennect already does this its useless technology! Kennect will also take care of motion controls as well.

Ask yourself what u want in your system. Xbox One is ready for future technologies. 4k gaming! When higher resolutuons become more common and affordable xbox will be blazing that trail while PS4 is left in 1080 land. PS4 only does gaming and dosent suport 4K gaming! Not a smart move sony. Xbox will usher 4K TV gaming and can do everthing the PS4 can do.

This concludes my summary of the Xbox One vs the PS4.

Back