Xbox One Xbox 360 Cloud Storage to Xbox One?

iSH0TheSHERiFF

Speaking specifically on behalf of all my fellow Madden players out there, we're aware that 25 comes out months before Xbox One does. So what I'd like to know is, since EA brought back the draft a class feature, and also added it to both offline and online connected careers, what happens when we transfer over to Xbox One? Can we transfer our game saves via cloud so that we can draft from NCAA over to Madden 25 on Xbox One? And for that matter, any game that's available for both consoles?

On a side note, what about GTA V since you can't play 360 games on Xbox One? Or am I stupid and behind the times?

From what I understand, as of right now, officially, the answer is "no", there is no backwards compatibility. That being said, there are a bunch of news outlets that are saying that Microsoft can still pull a 180 and add the feature outright, or bring it as a paid feature later on. Either way, the fact that it wasn't a feature right from the start is a bit of a disappointment. I mean, why should I be forced to keep my 360 if I want to play my old games?

From what I understand, as of right now, officially, the answer is "no", there is no backwards compatibility. That being said, there are a bunch of news outlets that are saying that Microsoft can still pull a 180 and add the feature outright, or bring it as a paid feature later on. Either way, the fact that it wasn't a feature right from the start is a bit of a disappointment. I mean, why should I be forced to keep my 360 if I want to play my old games?

I totally agree, especially since I'm paying $500 for the console. From what I've seen, the compatibility issue lies within the processor. But if Microsoft was already aware of this, they should have tackled the issue immediately considering that we've been playing Xbox 360 games for what, 7 years? Did they expect everyone to just say **** it and trash their investment in all those games? And what about major developers like Rockstar who have been working on new titles for years? Does Microsoft just expect them to rewrite their games for the new console? That's a huge financial loss. However, I would be happy enough to be able to transfer game saves across consoles. I only really play Battlefield, Madden, and Forza, all of which are coming out for Xbox One. I just wouldn't want to buy a game twice, or have to start over twice. Although gamestop is offering vouchers to people who buy upcoming 360 games, so that when the One version releases, you redeem your voucher and only pay $10 for the new copy.

I don't see why we couldn't transfer game saves across consoles if we can transfer gamertags and achievement points. Especially considering most cloud enabled devices can transfer data across different platforms and/or other devices.

Back