Xbox One Xbox 360 game emulator isn't working on my Xbox One S

Nateovision

The title explains my problem.

For more detail: My Xbox One S is connected to the internet and to Xbox Live perfectly fine, I can play online games and use online apps without any issues. What isn't connecting to Xbox Live or my internet is the Xbox 360 emulator that Xbox 360 games use when played on an Xbox One (or any other variant) console. Everything was working fine a while ago, I don't know how long ago for sure but I'd say a couple months is a good guess. I decided today that I wanted to play my Call Of Duty Black Ops 2 Zombies Xbox 360 Edition disc game on my Xbox One S which I know works as I have many days of playing it this way. However, when I tried to select an online option within the game I was greeted with the Xbox 360 error message:

Can't Connect

Can't connect to Xbox Live. Select Test
Connection or troubleshoot your
connection.

For more info, go to
www.xbox.com/support.

Test Connection
Cancel

I've tried about as much as I know what to try:
  • Restarting the internet connection
  • Troubleshooting the internet connection
  • Clearing the console cache
  • Clearing the Xbox 360 game save data
  • Clearing the Xbox 360 profile data (will touch up on this later)
  • Deleting and re-downloading the COD: Bo2 game (including all add-ons)
  • Using an ethernet wired connection
  • Power cycling the Xbox (holding the power button for 7 seconds or so)

Nothing worked and I can't re-download my Xbox 360 profile since I have no connection (supposedly). This has increased my problem from not being able to play online games, to not being able to play online or locally saved games since I don't have an account downloaded for the Xbox 360 emulation anymore.

One person on Reddit suggested there may have been an issue with my gamertag as there was a change to the way gamertags worked, allowing up to 10,000 people to have the same gamertag I believe at the cost of having 4 number following the gamertag that wouldn't be displayed in most cases anyway. The emulator would not recognise the new gamertag and not grant access to the Xbox Live servers. This is not my issue however since I'm not even logged into an account that has a gamertag for the emulator to read.

Im about out of ideas but I do have one possible work around in mind. I'm going to see if the game will work, as well as my account, on my Xbox 360 Console in the morning (writing at 3:31am so I won't be able to confirm or deny this work around as working or not working for about 10 hours from now.)

Thank you to those who took the time to read all this, sometimes I get a little too passionate about keeping my writing formatted well and everything but brief. Hope someone knows a fix or reason for this :)

Thanks again.<3

Back