Xbox 360 Xbox 360 gen 3 redesign!?

JRFlurry

Former Moderator
Website
www.facebook.com
Looks like there is still plenty of life left in the Xbox 360. Just announced at E3 Microsoft says they took the design cues from the upcoming Xbox One to redesign a 3rd generation Xbox 360 that's "smaller and quieter" than the 2nd gen redesign (that's honestly not that old). Microsoft also said there are still "hundreds" of games that will be released from the 360!

It still feels like the slim Xbox 360 is new, but I guess it has been around for a while. There's really no reason to buy a new style of Xbox 360 if the one you have it still working, but I'm sure a lot of people will anyway. The only reason I would get one is if the one I have stops working, since I'm not going to give up on all the games I haven't played just yet.

Well, I guess if they're going to keep manufacturing 360s, this isn't a poor decision. It doesn't appeal to me (I still have a first generation 360) even if it would be nice to have, but for those (very) late to the party, this is good news.

I think Microsoft is making some seriously weird decisions. I think it's a little weird to keep selling the 360 at all, but why bother to redesign it at this point? It's like they're trying to do everything they possibly can to convince people not to buy an Xbox One. I do like the redesign of the new 360 though, I think it looks a bit more mature and sleek than the current model. Them saying hundreds more games are coming out for it though doesn't inspire much confidence in me though, I mean really, how many out of 100 games are any good? I'd be curious to find out the ratio on that.

As long as it won't RROD on me, I'll probably pick one up next year sometime. I have a lot of games I need to catch up on anyway.

This is good news for those that want a 360 and still don't have one. It's also good news that they will still be developing lots of games for the 360. I'd hate to think that they were only concentrating on the Xbox One and leaving 360 owners in the dust.

As long as it won't RROD on me, I'll probably pick one up next year sometime. I have a lot of games I need to catch up on anyway.

Same here, but I hope I won't absolutely have to buy one. I bought my Xbox 360 slim console before my Elite console stopped working, but it was mostly for the built-in wireless. If the new Xbox 360 design isn't really much different, I think it can wait. But I also have a lot of Xbox 360 games to catch up on, so it may be a good idea in the future if I have the money for it.

This makes me happy. I'd love for the new games to be released on the 360... I'm not ready to upgrade yet.

I heard that the new Xbox 360 design isn't all that great. The one plus, aside from it's sleek design, is how quiet it is. For some reason my slim 360 gets extremely loud when playing certain games, and for the life of me I don't know why. Still, it's probably best for collectors or people new to the console. Other than that--no real reason to upgrade.

I know there will continue to be life in the Xbox 360 for a while more. I can see them releasing a lot new titles on the system. I knew the game had life when GTA V was released on the Xbox 360, but not the newer gen systems.

Pretty sure the "hundreds of games" thing is because in the beginning they will port any xbox One games to 360 to eek out additional sales, until, at least, the 360 can't reliably run xBox One titles.

Makes you wonder how "revolutionary" in power the One is.

Back