Xbox 360 Xbox 360 Special Edition Camouflage Wireless Controller

Claptrap

8594237044_bb0f98653d_n.jpg
Today we are announcing the Xbox 360 Special Edition Camouflage Wireless Controller, which features a transforming D-pad and a unique camouflage design. The price will be $54.99 USD (ERP). In the U.S., the controller will be available exclusively at Wal-Mart beginning in May. Outside the U.S., the controller will be available in select regions worldwide, also from May.

More photos on Flickr

Source: http://majornelson.com/2013/03/27/xbox-360-special-edition-camouflage-wireless-controller/

Wait a second; what do they mean by transforming d-pad? It looks exactly the same to the original controller to me... :eek: I like how the d-pad is shiny though but the camouflage color doesn't really suit my style, i'd rather go with something brighter :p

Wait a second; what do they mean by transforming d-pad? It looks exactly the same to the original controller to me... :eek: I like how the d-pad is shiny though but the camouflage color doesn't really suit my style, i'd rather go with something brighter :p

That was my first question as soon as I saw it too. Apparently changing the black color to Chrome is a "transformation"

I don't like the camouflage either, it looks kind of ugly to be honest, I would've loved if they had decided to sell the C3PO golden controllers, now that would've been worth my money.

That is a sweet controller, but I also think another design would be better, I would be too afraid of losing my controller with that design ;)
The transforming D-pad thing is pretty sweet, but kind of just sounds like another joystick... Never really use the D-pad anyway, though.

I think it's pretty cool. It will take some time getting used to it but I like the dissing and it's always nice to play with something different. I'm a huge GI JOE fan so I really like the camouflage theme.

I like the design but think its a bit over priced. I would think i could get something like that for around $40

I still prefer the original sleek black to all the custom controllers out there. It's just modern and elegant, which every controller should be, instead of something filled with LED's and colors.

The transforming D-pad is the best thing that they have ever done to the new 360 controllers. The added precision that the new pad adds makes things such as navigating menus and sending text messages without a chat pad a breeze. I was kind of skeptical on the new pad myself, but after using it I won't use a controller that doesn't have it anymore. It also helps a ton with fighting games now that it's easier for the controller to recognize exactly which direction is being pressed, something you can't do on a joystick. Not like it makes any difference to me. I suck at fighters in general, unless it's Soul Calibur lol.

As far as the color is concerned, I actually like it. I personally don't plan on buying it because I have plenty of controllers anyway, one of which is the LE chrome blue controller <3. It's shiny, and it's my favorite color. That is a win in my book. I may grab this for my brother however, seeing as how he's in the military and he'd probably get a kick out of it.

I don't understand the jacked up prices, either. It's not like people online are going to see my controller while I play :p.

Looks pretty cool though. If you get it, hopefully you can find it once you put it down :)

That looks just like the Halo 3 limited edition controller, minus the fancy d-pad. Plus, the price is way too high. I don't care that much about aesthetics anyway, might as well get a quality black controller.

Back