Xbox One Xbox Fusion?

ZaneCloud

Former Moderator
From
South Africa
Website
titangaming.co.za
Microsoft has registered multiple domains related to the term Xbox Fusion. Spotted by Fusible, Microsoft picked up XboxFusion.com, XboxFusion.info, XboxFusion.biz,XboxFusion.de and XboxFusion.co.uk, among others.

Speculation about the name being called “Xbox Fusion” isn’t anything new. But what separates “Xbox Fusion” and only a few other names from the rest of the list, is that not only does Microsoft own the dot-com (WHOIS), it owns a slew of other domains like XboxFusion.info, XboxFusion.biz, XboxFusion.de, XboxFusion.co.uk – the list goes on and on.

The new URLs don’t tell us anything for sure, but domain names have served as indicators of Microsoft’s plans in the past. Back in February, Microsoft registered an Xbox Event website that did indeed end up being used to register for its upcoming console reveal event.

Currently, XboxFusion.com redirects visitors to Xbox.com, while XboxNext and XboxGold redirect users to Bing.

Source: http://kramersforum.com/forum/showthread.php?16913-The-XBox-FUSION & http://fusible.com/2013/04/will-microsoft-call-its-next-generation-console-the-xbox-fusion-domain-names-point-to-yes/

Yeah, it must be that name, It would make sense because they want to create a "Fusion" between gaming and social networking... which is horrible, but that is not the question right now.

I would have prefer the inFinity name. Though, I guess they didn't want to cause any copyright claims or whatever.

I am not to caught up on the name. I just want the console to perform well and last until the next one.

Don't like the name. But I agree with BlackSolaris about how it may be called Fusion because of gaming and social networking.

I simply like the name "Xbox" Plain, simple!

Don't like the name. But I agree with BlackSolaris about how it may be called Fusion because of gaming and social networking.

I simply like the name "Xbox" Plain, simple!

Maybe they got influenced on how Facebook got successful as a Social Networking site and as a gaming portal at he same time.

And definitely they are gambling doing it the other way around.

Yikes, I don't like that name at all. A fusion between what? Pretty much everyone who has posted in this thread have already said what the fusion is between. I'm starting to think that Microsoft may be going down the wrong road when it comes to their next gen console. I'm going to be even more skeptical for their release now, if I don't like what I hear I may not be getting the next Xbox at all.

Yeah, it must be that name, It would make sense because they want to create a "Fusion" between gaming and social networking... which is horrible, but that is not the question right now.

Not just that, they're also trying to make it the "center of the living room" or something, trying to make the Xbox be the "media center" instead of just a gaming console... that could fit the "Fusion" name, too.

Well, if nothing else I will say that Xbox Fusion sounds much cooler than Nextbox or Xbox 720...

That's pretty creative what BlackSolaris said.
Hopefully this doesn't ruin anything.

I don't know how they are gonna market the fusion name. If they really do incorporate that suspected new feature for the xbox. I think the name xFinity or a variation would have worked better. Though, it doesn't really matter as will buy it anyway.

Well, now I am wondering what the "Xbox Fusion" is, since the console is allegedly called the "Xbox Infinity", as somebody pointed out in another thread. I am now guessing that perhaps the Xbox Fusion will be some kinda of app for the Infinity or maybe just a website... too bad I have no idea of what it could possibly be. I suck at guessing.

Back