Xbox Live Customer Service Nightmare

jaxon

You had better make sure that you have access to your email and/or your text messages if you want help from Xbox live. I tried to call them to get their help in a billing issue. They would not talk to me unless they had a customer code. I needed that billing issue sorted right then, as I really did not want an overdrawn bank account. I did not have access to my email and could not get the code! They refused to talk to me without it. I had to borrow a phone, and call my brother. He logged in to my email. I then had to relay the customer code from my brother to the agent. I like that they are secure, but the way they have it set up is sort of annoying. How do you feel about customer service?

I haven't had to call them for one-on-one customer service yet, but I'm completely over the security features they've had going. I hate how you sign into your Xbox account sometimes and have to verify your own identity for security reasons, meaning you have to get up from the couch, go into a whole other room, turn on your computer, sign in to your email, blah, blah, blah, just to confirm that you are... YOU. I get that things need to be secure but there really ought to be a way to opt out of all that.

I have nothing but horror stories to tell from xbox customer service. It always seems to take forever for one thing, and when I finally am in contact with them, they either can't do anything, or need a ridiculous amount of info that I probably don't even have anymore.

I agree that you do need access to your accounts. We linked up my sisters old cell and she couldn't get txts on her line. It was a nightmare having to deal with that and we used a google voice number instead. Same with my e-mail. I had to use the whole forget password thing too. Frustrating when you're trying to get things done!

Back