Xbox live setup question

Bear77

Ok newbie here so patience please :)

I want my son to be able to use Xbox Live on two consoles - one at his mum's and one at my house. I've redeemed the code under my Xbox account - so does that mean he has to have me signed in on the console which he wants to use Xbox live on?

There doesn't seem to be any way to give a 'child' so to speak an Xbox Live account. If I tried to redeem the code under his account it wouldn't let me proceed because he's too young to enter a payment method or use reoccurring billing.

All accounts have different Xbox Live Subscriptions, unless you set an Xbox as the "Home Xbox" for an account with live, in which case all accounts on the Xbox will have Xbox Live. Now this is tricky, because you can only have one "Home Xbox" at a time, and only 5 switches (switches as in how many times you switch your "Home Xbox"). But he can still use your accounts Xbox Live subscription on different Xbox's, but only if he's actively using that account. I hope this helps. Good Luck!

Thanks for the info Nathan - but oddly I've set his Xbox at his mum's house as his home Xbox so all accounts on that Xbox should have Live. But if I'm signed out of that Xbox he can't use Live (even though it's set as his home Xbox). Yet his Xbox at my house (which is NOT set as his home Xbox) allows him to use Live whether I'm signed in or not - confused....

Back