Original Xbox Xbox not reading later games?

wrhssaxensemble

I picked up an original xbox a while ago for a few $$. It plays games made in 2002- the original halo and the original splinter cell- fine. However, it seems like any games I put in that were made in 2003 or later (e.g. Simpsons Hit and Run, Rainbox Six 3, NCAA Football after 2003, etc.) they aren't read and instead a thing comes up telling me that it can't recognize the disk because it might be scratched or dirty. However, when I look at the discs, they look like they are brand new. When I go to system info on the xbox, it seems to be the most recently updated. Any idea what's wrong/how I can fix this thing to play more than just games coming out before 2003? Oddly the only game after 2002 that seems to work is 007 Everything or Nothing.

Thanks

Probably because those earlier games used single layer DVD's and the later ones used Dual Layer DVD's.. The laser is dying..

Yeah it could be that the laser or the lens is going or has already gone bad. I think that you should go and get it checked out if your Xbox is really important to you and if not you should just probably go and try to get the Xbox one or the 360 if you do not have them as yet.

Back