Xbox One Xbox One being labeled as just another TV

lindbergh

I think a lot of people are now labeling the Xbox One as "just another TV". I think Microsoft is focusing on all the wrong places in this. They are slowly shying away from what the Xbox was originally meant to be and they are moving to an all around entertainment device. I don't think that this sits well with gamers. A lot of people think that it's now just a fancy way of watching TV. What do you think?

The reveal certainly placed an extreme focus on the TV stuff. I hope that they focus way more on the gaming side of things on E3, because people seem to be extremely disappointed.

Another nail in the coffin, they are just shooting themselves in the foot by saying something like this.
Are they expecting to get more sales if they remove the barrier between normal people and people that play games? Because, i don't know if they know, but they are about to lose their main audience.

Yeah, they're acting like adding the TV option is the greatest thing ever to be added, which is not the case. Sure it's a pretty cool feature, but definitely not cool enough for me to actually buy it. I want an Xbox to play games on the console, not watch TV on it when I can easily watch it on my computer.

It was a console reveal. They're showing off things that the console alone does and will be able to do. It was a demo with the new Kinect. They've stated that the full line of blockbuster games will be revealed at E3. They don't want to show off all the awesomeness of the new console at one setting.

Yeah, they're acting like adding the TV option is the greatest thing ever to be added, which is not the case. Sure it's a pretty cool feature, but definitely not cool enough for me to actually buy it. I want an Xbox to play games on the console, not watch TV on it when I can easily watch it on my computer.

Yeah, a lot of people are undecided following the console reveal, myself included. Unless they can do a really good job of showing off improved features for gamers at E3, Microsoft could be in trouble.

Yeah, not a great release for Microsoft... trying to sale a gaming console as a tv box, doesn't sound too enticing. They either got really bad marketing who told them to not get deep into the games, to leave them for E3 or they thought that only the console matters, not the games, and they were clearly wrong.

A lot of gamers had a wrong impression with the Xbox reveal. Since Microsoft focused more on TV, some people thought that they were moving towards a more multi-media oriented system rather than being a top notch gaming console. I hope that Microsoft would be able to convince a lot of people at E3 that the Xbox One would be a great video game system nonetheless.

A lot of gamers had a wrong impression with the Xbox reveal. Since Microsoft focused more on TV, some people thought that they were moving towards a more multi-media oriented system rather than being a top notch gaming console. I hope that Microsoft would be able to convince a lot of people at E3 that the Xbox One would be a great video game system nonetheless.

They were simply showing off the new console during a "Console Reveal." After hearing about the news today, I bet Microsoft will blow everyone's doors off with the E3 presentation since they plan to invest $1 Billion in Exclusive first-party games for the Xbox One. Everyone's been asking for Exclusive games, well... now your getting $1 Billion worth of exclusive games. Lets just hope they're awesome like the Halo and Gears franchises.

I hated this debut as much as anyone and I know I'll just be reiterating what everyone's already been saying but it felt very empty and confused. It felt like they didn't know what they were trying to do and most importantly who they were targeting.

Do they want to compete with the Wii for casuals? Or maybe the Sports fans? Who knows, but Microsoft deserves all this backlash against them in my opinion and now the pressures on for them to convince gamers otherwise that they're money will be well spent on the One.

I think it's a tad bit far too be labelling it as a only another TV. It plays games still, it's just the fact that it is more like a media centre than a primary gaming console, and so it's different that way. I think that the Xbox reveal was just poorly arranged, and if it had been better then maybe people would have had more hope for it being a great console.

If we are going solely of the presentation they gave us, it's a television that plays games.

However, we know that's not the case. I am not excited by any of the features included in the "Media" part of the Xbox but I know that games will still be the primary focus for the console.

In fact, if they can make the controls easy to grasp, then I can see this being the "Family" console that people want. That is not really something I'm interested in but it could be a neat marketing perspective that Microsoft brings to the table.

I'm really just looking at exclusives and how the software installed affects me.

Back