Xbox One Xbox One captures gameplay at 720p, 30fps

ozadin

A decent framerate nonetheless. I'm sure there will be some lag spikes here and there that spike it down to 10 or 15, but overall, sounds pretty good. High quality recording is also a plus as well, but some capture devices can record at 1080p without any framerate issues. Now the only thing they need to add to this is extended recording. 5 minutes is way too little especially if someone can't afford to get a capture card.

The Xbox One captures game footage at 720p and 30 frames per second, Microsoft has confirmed.

Via Eurogamer

meh 5 is enough for just "hey guys look what I can do!" if you were actually serious you would save up for a capture card.

meh 5 is enough for just "hey guys look what I can do!" if you were actually serious you would save up for a capture card.

Yep pretty much this. Also the specs really aren't that impressive, I can record gameplay at 30ps with an old laptop. This is supposed to be the next generation of gaming, not a step back :rolleyes: If they compromise the quality you would at least expect them to let you record for longer like the PS3 does, but nope you get crap fps and crap duration. Great, just what we want.

Yeah, looks like people who stream and post content in youtube and were worried about their capture cards becoming obsulte don't have to worry anymore. It was expected, mostly because not every developer want something like this, so Microsoft only focused a little bit of the console on that feature. For the full thing, better still get a capture card!

It's a nice feature, but it's apparently locked to just Gold members. Oh well, still a nice feature. Will be nice for fighting game matches.

Like OP stated , it is isn’t the best but it is certainly decent. One thing I’m now very eager to see is Sony’s response to this. I remember how Microsoft announced that gamers could only record 5 minutes of game play and then Sony announced the PS4 could record up to 15 minutes. Then of course there were the friends list total as well. I wouldn’t be too surprised if Sony announced a higher resolution and better framerate in the near future.

Back