Xbox One Xbox One Controller On PC Not Till Next Year

sc_shark

Not a big deal to me but with people who may want to use the new technology will have to wait.

If you’re a PC gamer who’s impressed by Microsoft’s upcoming Xbox One controller, knurled thumb sticks, and all there is good news and bad news.

Microsoft has confirmed that the Xbox One controller will work on PCs. Unfortunately, compatibility won’t be ready until some time in 2014. (The Xbox One itself debuts in November.)

Via: PCWorld

Wow that's a let down. I wonder what the hold up is. Still good to see that they realize that people do use their controllers for the PC and still support the port. Good find.

I am not much of a controller fan when it comes to playing games on PC. I like 'em better with my mouse's precise aiming and keyboard's precise moving, jumping and all the other stuff. It's a perfect combination for me. But when it comes to playing RPGs like Dark Souls which was designed with controllers in mind, you have no way but to plug in the controller if you want to play it the way it meant to be.

So, I am happy that this will be coming to PC next year which means that the games designed around Xbox One controller will work fine with PCs when the controller is plugged in.

Doesn't really apply to me since I have never thought about using the Xbox 360 controller on the PC, but I'm sure some people are mad since the newer controller got a huge upgrade. To me, I can't use the controller on the computer, it just feels too different. Still good to hear that they're going to continue adding support to PC with the controllers. Better than no controller support at all at least.

I didn't even realize it'd be compatible at some point. That's pretty awesome. For those of you who don't know me, I'm definitely more of a PC gamer.
Even when it's a game everyone gets on Xbox, I generally want it for the PC because of graphics and personal convenience.
The fact that it'll be compatible period is pretty awesome in my opinion. I'm not upgrading straight away anyway.

Aw man. I wanted one of these controllers for my PC sooner. But it's OK, I can wait. It's not like my 360 controllers are damaged or anything, so I don't really need a new controller yet.

Well, I guess it could be worse when you think about it. For all we know, the controllers might end being compatible for the PC by early 2014, say March or April. I'm sure that Microsoft could have made us wait even longer so I'm not too upset by the news. Still, I definitely can't wait until I will be able to use the controller for my gaming PC though, as the controller does look great.

It is a shame, but it doesn't really matter that much. 360 controllers will still carry on working just as fine , and there are also plenty of other good 3rd party pads. The only organisation losing out here is Microsoft, because some people will probably buy the DualShock 4 instead of waiting for the Xbox One pad to eventually make its way to the PC.

It is a shame, but it doesn't really matter that much. 360 controllers will still carry on working just as fine , and there are also plenty of other good 3rd party pads. The only organisation losing out here is Microsoft, because some people will probably buy the DualShock 4 instead of waiting for the Xbox One pad to eventually make its way to the PC.

I am thankful that it's coming to our platform within 6 months of being released. Same thing happened with 360 pads. I still use it for playing some of the PC games like Dark Souls which was meant to be played with a controller.

Back