Xbox One "Xbox One DRM has a "lot of advantages", says Microsoft

JasonPL

From
Australia
xbox_one11111111111111.jpg

Microsoft talks about how the secondary market is important. However, they dodge around the issue of paying for used games.

Asked for his position on the used game market, Spencer said: "I think the whole idea of a secondary market is important and it'll be important in the next generation, and we've designed with that in mind from the beginning."

He added that DRM can be very beneficial: "We think there are a lot of advantages of having your content assigned to you digitally – we did that on 360 with cloud-saved games – and we want to do that with content.

"We understand there are implications... just know that we recognise the importance of that market and we've designed with it in mind from the beginning."

Seems quite interesting. I don't mind DRM as long as it isn't ridiculously intrusive. I don't like how microsoft is dodging around the issue though.

Microsoft was so full of it on this! They were telling us "you don't need a persistent internet connection" which is pretty misleading, you don't need one... except every 24 hours! This still screws everyone over in the situations they were concerned about. Like traveling with your Xbox, soldiers playing overseas, or just your internet having issues and the cable company can't make it to your house for a few days. I'm seriously disappointed with all of this garbage they came out with today, there's so many little rules all over the place about what you can't do with your own games, it's just ridiculous, I'm so turned off about the Xbox One now.

Back