Xbox One Xbox One Forza 5 Mandatory Day One Download

sc_shark

Xbox One launch game Forza Motorsport 5 requires a one-time download before it can be played. Speaking to IGN, Turn 10 Studios head Dan Greenawalt said "required" content including the cloud-based Drivatar system won't be included on disc because of the game's production schedule, but clarified Forza 5 otherwise remains playable offline.

This is similar to what battlefeild3 does with multiplayer... this may be how the 3rd party restrictions are implimented... if you buy pre owned you wont have the redemption code for the drivator ai system making it a solo play and not (connected via cloud and driviator)

everyone seemed to point their fingers at microsoft for the resale or used game market.... where it seems that the developers may be the ones really pushing it.

Via: Joystiq

Forza is a first party title. This stinks if true and it is not going to fool anyone. Last gen I can understand as they were on dvd. With Blu-ray I should not be buying half a game. Microsoft just cannot get out of it's own way. Everything that comes out paints them as the bad guy.

Forza is a first party title. This stinks if true and it is not going to fool anyone. Last gen I can understand as they were on dvd. With Blu-ray I should not be buying half a game. Microsoft just cannot get out of it's own way. Everything that comes out paints them as the bad guy.

it is true.. their are articles all over today about it... i dont find it a bad thing honestly....
they are loading the game on the disk but leaving the computing of cloud based ai off disk... with all the parameters and smart ai i would think it would need to be off disk.

the ai is advertised as being smart to how you play/drive... the line you take your breaking style how u accelerate off corners.. your approach your shifting pattern entering a turn and leaving.. how u square turn to take a line away from a driver... its not something like a car that is fit and finish done.. the ai for you and wholever is evolving as you progress and give data to the surver/cloud.

iirc didnt the forza3 have 2 disks? one for the game and a certin number of cars and the 2nd disk had cars and tracks... it kept the core game on a disk but was a download of a disk to get all the content on day one... this is really nothing diffrent... you get the game on a disk.. if you buy a used copy of the forza and do not have the second disk your missing some 100+ cars and 20 tracks iirc..

I second this. No reason at all to download the game if it's all on the disc, either. Pretty damn stupid.

I just think Microsoft hates people without good internet connections.

I second this. No reason at all to download the game if it's all on the disc, either. Pretty damn stupid.

I just think Microsoft hates people without good internet connections.

how is it stupid when they did the exact same thing on previous titles on the 360??? their is no diffrence in a second disk or dlc content to finish the gme off... u dont need much of an internet connection to get a dlc.. ive done it in a pinch teathering my iphone on 36 to get an update when my network was down.

how is it stupid when they did the exact same thing on previous titles on the 360??? their is no diffrence in a second disk or dlc content to finish the gme off... u dont need much of an internet connection to get a dlc.. ive done it in a pinch teathering my iphone on 36 to get an update when my network was down.

No difference between a second disc or DLC? There IS. The second disc is physical and it just comes in the box. The DLC requires you to download it. I really doubt it's gonna be a silly little 5mb update like usual, I'm sure it will be something huge, around 5-10gb or so, too.

This download is also mandatory. I wonder about the specifics, but it sounds like the DRM model the Xbox One was gonna get as a whole, except it's for just one game now (at the moment).

I can see why some or even many gamers might have a problem with this as people have states that since the game is on disc then why should it have to be installed on the systems hard drive and I somewhat agree. Still, at the end of the day I don't think this will be much of of a big deal to most gamers and they will more than likely get over it. However, one has to wonder if anymore Microsoft exclusive games will have this feature.

it ststes you can stll ply the game without it just not multiplayer because the ai system will not have the needed files

Its a one time download, i don't really see this as a problem at all and the reason for it are speculative. Even in a worse case scenario, its a one time thing.

it is not a manditory day one download but will be required to finish the game.

via:Forza 5 Xbox One install backtracked, won?t require download right away - SlashGear

short quote:
The download consists of extra cars and tracks, as well as additional Drivatar data that “contains enough Drivatars to cover all difficulty settings.” However, Greenawalt notes that “the vast majority of the launch content is contained on the disc,” meaning that gamers will get to enjoy most of the game without downloading the extra content at first.

Back