Xbox One Xbox One: games with gold

sc_shark

june 2014

titles of games with gold

1:Max: Curse of the Brotherhood

2:Halo: Spartan Assault

Not sure what to say about this since the X1 isn't exactly filled with games now. For whatever's worth, these two games offered aren't too bad given with the X1's limited library of games. I didn't buy any of them so it's not a bad deal at all. Give it at least a year, I'm sure the games will get better and better.

Very weak selection this month, I know there's not a lot to pick and choose from but c'mon Microsoft!

I have never even heard of this Max game. Oh well it sure beats nothing!

max was basically one of the very first xblive games to hit market on the xb1..

[video=youtube;b9CYVAXGHLA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9CYVAXGHLA[/video]

its a decent game.. from what i have seen on twitch. i do look forward to playing it tho.. i was always on the fence about it.. it has a mental strategy to it.. graphics look decent gameplay seemed to be decent.

id much rather have max over peggle/angry birds or something on those lines. i am not 100% sure how muchi care about the halo game.. i have seen it played thru as well as max.. im just not into those types of games as much.. but its fee and id rather have it and the ability to play it on my down time than not.

Uh. That game looks pretty good indeed, seems like a solid game. A great freebie.

I'll probably get Max just because I've not played it before and it's free. Who can turn down a free game? Besides, it looks cool enough that I may end up liking it!

I've seen Max before but I thought it had bad controls? Well, whatever as long as it's free and the download isn't too big. To be fair, even Playstation's free games have been mediocre indies. Like I said, this gen has just begun, give it more time and we're sure to get good games.

july:
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition" will be released to the Xbox One on July 2
maxx is also a free game.... 2 months in a row :/

will be joined by “Max: The Curse of Brotherhood” from Pressplay. “Max” originally joined the Games with Gold program on June 2 and was free to download for Xbox One owners then. It’s unclear if Microsoft had problems securing a second free game for the month or if there was some other issue. Either way, the result is the game getting a second full month as a free game.

http://www.examiner.com/article/gua...one-july-with-360-getting-two-free-titles-too

[video=youtube;7jSRseMiU2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jSRseMiU2Y[/video]

Hmm, until Xbox gets some more REALLY worthwhile titles I don't see any of the Games for Gold stuff being much good for XB1.

Guacamelee is a fantastic game, at the very least. Pretty short though, but fun. Anyone who wants to scratch that Metroid itch with a new game has got one here and the brawling is fun as hell.

I saw the 360 games too. Battleblock Theater (which is pretty good) and Gotham City Impostors (I might have gotten the name wrong). Not terrible, but a pretty weak month, especially after last month offered Dark Souls 1.

These games are not quite as good as some of the games that Sony offers us as free downloads for PS + subscribers. I hope that Microsoft offers some intriguing games later down the line for free.

Most the games they have let you have recently, i have already completed or i already have xD
Can be really annoying sometimes lol

If you have to guess, what do you predict as the July Games with Gold?

max and Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition are games with gold for july... sort of a let down with max hitting twice.... i bet the news feeds will eat it up or put negative spin on it... not saying its not warranted as its the 2nd installment of games with gold...

i would have put money power star golf and maybe a random indie game would have been games with gold.. i only say that because power star golf was first live game around launch.its a good game as wel.. i recently purchased it and enjoy it..

i do feel microsoft will do something or offer something this month.. even if its a new game reduced i can see them having to give back for the same title back to back.

I'm all right with the Games With Gold selection so far for Xbox One. There aren't tons of games to offer, but free games are always a welcome addition to my library. I'll buy most of these games before they're ever offered for free anyways. I can understand the disappointment some Xbox One owners have felt with such limited offerings, but it can only get better as more games become available for the console. I'm not too worried, and I'll give Microsoft some more time to start offering even better titles.

Another month of horrible free games. I feel like we should be getting better games as a reward for getting Xbox One so early. The 360 is getting quality games like Gotham City Impostors, and we are stuck playing 2D Luchador games that I can't even play for more then 2 minutes without getting bored.
Hell, I'd even be happy with the new Motocross game. I know I can play it for free on the computer, but it's still a really fun game.

Back