Xbox One Xbox One Hardware/OS Features We'd Like to See

theytukrjobs

I've given this some thought and have some ideas for killer features on Xbox One.

1) TV DVR. The pieces are in place but still no word.

2) Affordable over the air antenna cable to HDMI convertor (I find many gamers don't actually pay for cable, I'm one of them. But I still like a few shows here and there plus NFL so I use antenna. This plus DVR would be sweet). With all the rumors leading into their release I was surprised the device didn't have a cable input to obsolete the need for a dedicated cable box. Usually these boxes are like $100 bucks and have remotes.

3) A WiFi direct receiver with one HDMI out and USB powered so you can watch all of your Xbox One content in other rooms in the house. If this device could also communicate with your Xbox One controller so you could game in other rooms it would be Killer. But due to Kinect integration this might not be workable. Also Apple might have some patents.

4) High data transfer rate to the controller allows for stereo, or even powered surround headphones to plug into the controller. Seems with the other technology already built into the box you could skip out on half of the hardware that a good set of wireless headphones require.

5) Front USB ports? If this thing runs IE maybe we want KB/M. It would also be nice if this could at least run viewing modes on powerpoint, pdf, etc. I have a laptop hooked up to my TV for basic computer usage but wouldn't mind obsoleting that.

Back