Xbox One Xbox One is delayed to 2014 in Eight European countries as well

wowtgp

Bad news for all the Xbox One fans living in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden and Switzerland. Xbox One will not be available to your country until next year. It's pretty disappointing for some Xbox One fans. It seems that you guys will have to wait.

Via - VG247

Yeah, I saw that this morning. They were really strict with the release windows right off the bat, and now it's looking worse and worse for anyone outside the US. It also kind of screws over oversea game developers, as there are quite a few very good studios over in those European countries.

That being said, most of these initial launch titles (minus the Xbox One exclusives) will also be playable on Xbox 360 as well, so at least Europe isn't completely missing out.

Thats pretty crap for them I bet they will all get PS4 since i bet many people would not wait that long as there are tons of inpatient people, really though even waiting for it that long is a good thing because the network and stuff will settle down.

It's not fully surprising, recently they revealed that the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One 4 to 1 in I think Belgium, so it is naturally that they don't want to invest into something that potentially will be a loss. But having said that , they really need to be in it to win it, and currently Microsoft are pulling in, leaving plenty of room for Sony to fill the gaps. I understand why they are doing this, but I think that it's simply a bad move that Sony can and probably will exploit.

Now I'm obviously not from any of those countries, so I don't have a horse in that race, but that's a rough deal. Especially so soon before the launch, ESPECIALLY right before Gamescom in Europe.

To all my European brothers out there, come to America, the land of opportunity, liberty, lawsuits, and Xbox One.

I agree with Medza, delays like this can be pretty common and especially since they decided to change so much stuff because of customer feed back. I hope that they are able to correct their price at some point though. I know that the PS 4 is coming in at a much better price advantage than the One, However, I think that it being so much more is really going to put it into a problematic area.

It's not fully surprising, recently they revealed that the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One 4 to 1 in I think Belgium, so it is naturally that they don't want to invest into something that potentially will be a loss. But having said that , they really need to be in it to win it, and currently Microsoft are pulling in, leaving plenty of room for Sony to fill the gaps. I understand why they are doing this, but I think that it's simply a bad move that Sony can and probably will exploit.

I don't think that the lack of timely release in countries like Belgium is due to the fact that people are pre-ordering PS4 more than Xbox One. You would imagine that they'd push for more sales and try to release the console early in those territories which is not the case here. On the contrary, they are delaying the console for some unapparent reason.

Back