Xbox One Xbox One issues, Please Help

Mrsolokup

Hey,
Having some issue with my Xbox One. Older model, bought it with Division 1 bundle, but the age i feel is creeping up.

It seems to be having many issues, and i will try and lay them out with what I have done to try and fix them.
1. Xbox boots up, logs into account, some of the display boxes show, then it shuts off.
2. Able to log in, maybe able to play some games then i hit the home button, screen goes black. Able to still hit home button which does bring up the home screen but then ex; go into settings make it down to maybe account then backs me out to the black screen. no games will load, resetting the console does nothing, I shut the controller off but it remains on and able to function. Input or anything seems delayed for minutes at a time, except hitting home.
3. Randomly shuts off during games or when trying to load another task.

Some days it plays fine other days it wont. I have unplugged it and let it sit upwards of 30 minutes with some success, or no success. We have done a whole system wipe and after a while still does the black screen.

Series X/S impossible to find, while it seems an Xbox One still holds a higher price than the series S, so it seems, so buying a new Xbox isn't really something I want to do unless I am upgrading.

Just talking with my wife she has only done factory reset, but kept the games still installed. I will have to due a full reset next, but any helpful tips prior of doing that would be nice.

Hey. What you're describing might be a symptom of a hardware problem. I hope you can fix it by a full reset, but if it doesn't help you may have to consider servicing your unit.
One additional thing you can check on your own is if there's any dust accumulated inside your unit. Just look through the air vents. If there is, it may affect air circulation and cause your XBOX to overheat at times. Cleaning out the dust may help but it will likely require you to open your XBOX. If you're not sure if you have the skills to do it, ask some qualified.
Cheers!

Hello Mrsolokup,
if you could not fix the issue byself, open an ticket at Xbox support. After you get the information what the reapir service cost you can choice if you repair the console or by a new one.

Back