Xbox One Xbox One lets you play during download

ozadin

This means people will be able to play other games on a disc or their library while downloading? I don't really see any other alternative, were they thinking to actually limit you when you're downloading a game?

Xbox One users will be able to play games while they're still downloading to the console, a Microsoft representative confirmed to Polygon.

Polygon

PS4 also announced this feature. It will be nice for consoles Next-Gent.

Finished all this waiting to play a new game now, it will almost instantly. It's like a vision of the future. I think there will be a minimum waiting to download the first part of the game anyway.

if your playing a xblive purchase it will unload certin necessary packages to start the game and get you up and running and allow you to play thru cloud till the software is on system. its just saving you from the wait of the bigger games.. iirc fable3 was 2gb and took almost an hr to download on my network.. was a waiting game...

I hope like I saw on the PS4 UI that you can download a MP portion of a game first. That would really be excellent. Nothing worse than having that itch only to sit there waiting all day for it to download.

Who came up with this first? I heard the PS4 was also planning on doing this, but I could have sworn I heard it from XBox first. Not that it matters, I suppose, it's a great feature. Cut the waiting time down, people won't drop the game before they start.

Back