Xbox One Xbox One Marketplace Downloads Possible Remotely

KN1GHTMARE

Former Moderator
From
NJ
Website
socialclub.rockstargames.com
XBOX and Microsoft's Marc Whitten recently took to twitter to let everyone ine on the good news that the XBOX ONE will allow you to download any marketplace item while your away. His tweet read:

Yes! Of course you can download while you are away. #xboxone - Always up to date, always your console. The beauty of low power mode!

He also went on to add:

All marketplace items can be downloaded. You won't have to worry about updates - they'll download w/out you having to care.
yes - web, smartglass, xbox games on windows....

This is great news, but should be expected. The PS4 recently announce the same feature and lets not forget that the XBOX 360 had a similar functionality. No word on whether or not the XB1 will support pre-downloading games however. I would hope this feature gets including, considering Microsoft's competitors have been allowing it for some time now. Only time will tell if this matters to the average consume, hopefully time will also tell us exactly when we can pick up our XBOX ONE.

via TWITTER @notwen

I expected this feature to be there so nothing surprising or amazing for me but I guess it's good to hear a confirmation on it, though.

BTW, this line "#xboxone - Always up to date, always your console" made me laugh for some reason. I dunno why, the "always your console" part just sounds funny.

with the intigration of smart glass with games and tablet it was bound to happen at some point.. which is kinda nice. you can pay for the game on lunch and not have to stop at gamestop to pick it up just head home and play.

it seems microsoft is laying ground work to phase out gamestop unless they go to a digital market of some type. with the ability to buy games while away do pre orders and dlc pacages gamestop could become the next blockbuster.

Does this mean my console will always be running? Even if you call it a low power model, there are people who like to save on the electricity bill so they turn their electronics completely off. Will that ruin my gaming experience?

Does this mean my console will always be running? Even if you call it a low power model, there are people who like to save on the electricity bill so they turn their electronics completely off. Will that ruin my gaming experience?

I don't think it will ruin it, but you will definitely not be seeing the full potential of the features.

I doubt very seriously if that low power mode will have any significant effect on your electricity bill.

I hope they can do this. I always add stuff to my que at work but am upset that my console isn't on lol. But thi would be the next step in that area.

it seems microsoft is laying ground work to phase out gamestop unless they go to a digital market of some type. with the ability to buy games while away do pre orders and dlc pacages gamestop could become the next blockbuster.

GameStop will be fine. There are apparently more than a few folks who like to have a physical copy in their hand. Besides which the same problems that had been complainging about the old requirements will act to keep GameStop in the black.

I think GameStop can continue to operate, as long as they are willing to sell old and used equipment. I would have to say, though, I've never bought anything from GameStop that I had a problem with.

I think GameStop can continue to operate, as long as they are willing to sell old and used equipment. I would have to say, though, I've never bought anything from GameStop that I had a problem with.

ugh...lol I will never go there again. Working there for 5 years I kow how they roll lol.

I was actually a 3rd Key and Asst. Manager for Gamestop...I know how you feel. Although 2 free consoles is a pretty sweet deal I wish I hadn't missed out on lol

I was there 5 years and stayed a G.A. becasue i Knew how those higher ups ran things. 2009 was my last time there, and that was when i walked out lol.

I was there 5 years and stayed a G.A. becasue i Knew how those higher ups ran things. 2009 was my last time there, and that was when i walked out lol.

I was made a 3rd key after 2 weeks because of someone else getting promoted then made Asst. after a year. Worked there 3 years total and knew I didn't have enough friends in the right places to ever move on, so I left for bigger better things. That was years ago, back in the early days of the 360.

I was made a 3rd key after 2 weeks because of someone else getting promoted then made Asst. after a year. Worked there 3 years total and knew I didn't have enough friends in the right places to ever move on, so I left for bigger better things. That was years ago, back in the early days of the 360.

yup yup. Working that launch was HORRID!!!

Back