Xbox One Xbox One Memory RAM

onegreywolf

I have looked at the new Xbox One specifications. What appalled me is the RAM memory allocation at 8 Gb. The newer games that are supposedly being written for the new Xbox One are definitely going to need more than 8 Gb of RAM to smooth play. Will there be the possibility of upgrading to 32 Gb of RAM? I would definitely buy the system if it came with 32 Gb of RAM, otherwise, the newer version is not much better specification wise than the Xbox 360.

The Xbox 360 had 512 MB worth of RAM shared between the graphics card and CPU. The Xbox One 8 Gigs is big step up from that. PCs are optimized to do many task and have Operating Systems built for that purpose. Gaming Consoles are not set on running limited amount of specific process. So it comes down to the environment a game has to run in. Your not running the operating system, Norton antivirus, background tasks besides live on the Xbox One. All the hardware is being used for only one single purpose. Which is why Video Game consoles don't require as much ram as PCs. Either way, 8 gigs is higher ram than most people with PCs anyways.

I really don't think RAM is really that important for playing games on the Xbox. 8 GB is plenty for the PC, why would the Xbox need more ram for that? If anything, PC's are the one that needs more RAM. 32 gigs seems way too much, and considering they upgraded it by at least 8 gigs, I think it's enough.

If the Xbox One really requires game installs, it's going to need a massive hard drive capacity. As it is, I have plenty of room on my Xbox 360 hard drive, but I hardly even install games. When I'm done playing a game, or if I happen to sell it or trade it in, I uninstall it from the hard drive to save space. I have some music on it, plus a good amount of DLC, and it seems like it's not even 10% full at this point. It would depend on the number of games (and their size), but I would expect RAM size to be much larger on the Xbox One than it has been in the past.

I don't think you are being fair to Microsoft, 8GB of RAM is capable of running 3 different Operating Systems in a Computer let alone playing a single game in a console? I'm just curious, which game do you think might need 32 GB of RAM?

Don't expect incredible things... Microsoft, just like Sony, will try their best to keep manufacturing costs as low as possible. They will just make something that will work fine for 2,3 years, 2-4 Gb at most.

All this talk reminded me of this:
cv0098.jpg

Back