Xbox One Xbox One Possible Prices

strangel0ve

Michael Pachter, the Wedbush Securities analyst who just loves making all sorts of predictions about videogames, is making a call about how much the Xbox One and the Playstation 4 are going to retail for. In a recent note to investors, he’s predicting that Microsoft MSFT -0.6%‘s box will start at $399, and Sony ‘s at $349. The material costs he’s estimating at $275 for Sony and $325 for Microsoft.

The Xbox One is projected to cost more than the Playstation 4 in terms of raw materials, and a big part of that seems to be the Kinect adding a solid amount to the deal. Even if Microsoft continues their position as a loss leader to pursue market share and using the gaming console as a platform to launch their software, do you think that the higher (supposed) price for the Xbox will dissuade Xbox fans and cause a shift the the PS3? Or is the price elasticity for the Xbox One going to be lower and allow the Xbox to retain its market share?

forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2013/06/04/analyst-puts-a-price-tag-on-xbox-one-and-ps4/

Eh, I mean I don't mind paying a little more as long as I am getting great quality for the money. I almost didn't buy the 3DS but I was glad I did, even though it was pretty expensive. It's a great piece of technology and is worth the price. If the Xbox One is going to be great, then it will probably be worth the money.

They need to have a sensible price. Right now, Nintendo is offering a great console (if under powered) for relatively cheap. PS4 likely learned lessons from last generation, so I highly suspect XBOX and PS4 to launch at similar if not the exact same price.

Is it safe to assume that every X1 will come with a Kinect? And for that price honestly it isn't too bad, Could even see it being 400$ and not bad

Less than 450$ and more than 350$ would be the expected price for the kind of hardware they are trying to put together.

They need to have a sensible price. Right now, Nintendo is offering a great console (if under powered) for relatively cheap. PS4 likely learned lessons from last generation, so I highly suspect XBOX and PS4 to launch at similar if not the exact same price.

Honestly, I wouldn't really compare The Xbox One with the Wii U, because the Wii U is so behind on technology it really isn't even in the race at this point. Not that it's not a good console just not compared to the PS3 or The Xbox One. Just because the Wii U is cheap doesn't mean that it's even a competitor. I don't know, the graphics are just so dated.

Honestly, I wouldn't really compare The Xbox One with the Wii U, because the Wii U is so behind on technology it really isn't even in the race at this point. Not that it's not a good console just not compared to the PS3 or The Xbox One. Just because the Wii U is cheap doesn't mean that it's even a competitor. I don't know, the graphics are just so dated.

Personally, I think Nintendo has a chance at competition with the Xbox One. Sure they're pretty underrated and have outdated graphics, but considering the games that are currently in development, and will be released for the Wii U, they actually have a chance. Since Microsoft is really going down the drain at the moment, I really wouldn't be surprised if they were a competition.

I am curious to why the prediction always says that the PS4 will be cheaper than the Xbox one. Is this some sort of marketing that Sony is doing? I believe they have a better machine for gaming and the specs are better but if Sony is doing as bad as they say why would the PS4 try and undercut the Xbox. It seems really hypocritical.

I'd also like to note that these are simply $75 up from the manufacturing costs. It's not even a prediction in my eyes if he's just looking at what happened last generation.

I'm sure that people will surely only be looking towards brand loyalty, and not so much that of price! By this I mean if you have owned an Xbox since the beginning then you are more likely to buy the Xbox One!
This also worked the same way with the PlayStation consoles!

-Paul

Back