Xbox One Xbox One pre orders make a comeback against PS4?

cg303

I was in several gamestops over the past few weeks and all of them told me the same thing
not everyone knows that you can now play and trade used games as you can on the 360
and no longer need to have an internet connection every 24hrs to live.
They say this lead to these stores selling 4 times as many Playstation 4 preorders over Xbox One.
I am sure the loyalist will always stick with their beloved systems but do you think
this post preorder launch news will cause a large percent to drop their ps4 preorders and
tip the scales in Microsoft's favor and crown it King a 3rd time?

i think it will end up being a 2:1 ratio when they both come out, with Sony being the leader. Microsoft just lost a lot of fans with their last decisions in regards their new console, and it will be hard for them to comeback to that level of loyalty they had with the release of the Xbox 360. I ain't saying it won't come back, it just won't come back that quickly!

Either way, I believe both consoles have potential to sell out and eventually run out of stock. It doesn't matter if it's 4:1 in the Netherlands or 2:1 at your local GameStop, the statistic don't matter right now. What matters is when the consoles actually release. We can compare numbers once that happens.

I absolutely love my 360. And because I love it, I have hundreds of dollars invested in games. Having backwards compatibility is important to me for this reason and will probably be the determining factor on whether or not I upgrade. I think it's going to be an awesome console, but having to buy games I already own leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Don't get me wrong, I understand Microsoft is trying to move forward with the technology aspect, but why fix what isn't broken yet?

In the end, I still think Sony will come out on top. Even though Microsoft reversed many of their early policies, I think they did it a little too late. The PS4 has been consistently selling out on Amazon, while I've read that the Xbox One isn't even in the top 10 list. Also, even with all the policy changes, Sony still has one key advantage and that is the cheaper price.

Back