Xbox One Xbox One Price On Release?

JRFlurry

Former Moderator
Website
www.facebook.com
Let's play the Price Is Right for the new Xbox One! Guess closest to the price and win...A BRAND NEW... well nothing but at least you can say you guessed the closest.

Flurry says: $449.99 for the "base" model.

A friend of mine that works at a bank claims they seen online a preorder for a xbox one that was paid in euro currency and was calculated into 475.00$ american currency. I do not claim this to be 100% as it is third party information shared to me and I can't positively confirm that Europe has companies able to per order the new systems yet! As speculation I will say it will be probley between 475$ & 500$. That's my guess.

A friend of mine that works at a bank claims they seen online a preorder for a xbox one that was paid in euro currency and was calculated into 475.00$ american currency. I do not claim this to be 100% as it is third party information shared to me and I can't positively confirm that Europe has companies able to per order the new systems yet! As speculation I will say it will be probley between 475$ & 500$. That's my guess.

Yeah, most likely the most correct price would be around 499$, maybe cheaper if there is some kind of model like the 360 slim where you had to pay for Xbox Gold for a few months.

I'd say the Xbox will be $350 and the Playstation will be $500.

To be honest, that's practically the same price if you counter in how much live is going to cost over this generation.

I expect Xbox to take early price drops if Playstation are beating them.

Well the PS4 is currently $900. Yes, I know it's a placeholder, but it kind of foreshadows the PS4 will be relatively expensive if they're putting it for that much. It will probably be more expensive than the Xbox One. I would guess the price for the Xbox One would be around $450 - $500.

Well the PS4 is currently $900. Yes, I know it's a placeholder, but it kind of foreshadows the PS4 will be relatively expensive if they're putting it for that much. It will probably be more expensive than the Xbox One. I would guess the price for the Xbox One would be around $450 - $500.

I am guessing $499 or more. The arrogance of these companies is staggering. Unless there is some subscription model with Xbox live or something to lower the price. It isn't unheard of, they did this before with the 360.

I'm assuming that it's going to be around $400. I don't really have anything to base that off of, and I haven't researched prior release prices very much so that's just kind of a ballpark estimate.

I think 400 is a solid estimate

I know it's the competitor system but PS4 is not going to be using some weird foreign architecture like the PS3 was. The Cell had to be custom made and that probably drove up the price. PS4 is using standard PC X86 architecture. It's pretty much a PC in a box. So the PS4 price will not be as high as the PS3 was at launch and XBox will have to have a comparable price to compete.

I'd assume between $400 and $500 for the simplest version of the console. I'm not really sure how daring they'll try to be with the "premium" or "advanced" versions, but I could see them going for as much as $700 or even $800.

I'm really interested in learning what exactly the difference between base and premium will be. I think the price point for the base will be a bit lower than I originally anticipated, but I hope that doesn't mean the thing will be lacking major features. I'm hoping the additional features will mostly revolve around extras such as TV and not take away from the gaming side of the console.

Everyone seems to be guessing a fairly low amount, but I honestly expect it to be a $499 console. Considering how expensive the new Playstation is going to be. Although, I guess it's possible that it will come out at $399. I still stand at my 500 guess though.

I'm fairly certain that Microsoft will push their subsidized console model. I can see the new console being $250 upfront with a $15 a month subscription for two years. If you want to buy the Xbox One outright that will likely cost you $439. Essentially that will bring you console with a year of Xbox Live to a total of $499. That seems most likely to me.

The subsidized model makes a ton of sense when the upfront cost could be too much for most parents/teenagers/college students to stomach in one bite. Microsoft introduced that subsidized model in the middle of this console generation after the cost of the console had already dropped considerably. I suspect they wanted to get a grasp of how the consumer would react so they could make the subsidized model their bread and butter for the upcoming console generation.

Back