Xbox One Xbox One Price Revealed $499

PB7

Former Administrator
So the Xbox One will cost $499 in the USA and 499 euros. 100 dollars than i though it would. It'll be interesting to see how that turns out for everybody. MicroSoft just annouced it at their E3 Press event. Not sure how this will effect them,

Eesh, I guess the market analysts at Microsoft did not work there when the PS3 tried to launch with that price tag...and failed. I am sure they are taking into account 'inflation' but seriously, you can almost build a gaming PC for that much. I wasn't planning on getting one at launch, unless some IP or other feature blew me away. Now unfortunately, if I wanted too, I simply cannot afford to shell that kind of money out, when I have so many unbeaten titles for my 360.

I'm assuming they factored in a limited supply at launch, i was hoping for the $399 price tag. I always thought they could make it back on Xbox Live memberships. Sony press event is later tonight. Going to be interesting to see what they price their system at.

Indeed, if Sony is able to go lower they will kill the market. Got to think though the hardware in these would be even at the higher end of PC gaming.

Well I guessed $50 in the wrong direction. At $499 the One certainly isn't going to attract the casual gaming market. But, with price cuts happening as often and quickly as they do I would suspect that the price tag is definitely only for the early adopters where as in a year the price will drop.

*Insert Darth Vader nooooooooooo here*

But seriously, this is going to be ridiculously priced in Australia. When the Playstation 3 launched it was something like $1000 ($850 if you're lucky) for no reason. I was kind of counting on the Xbox being cheaper because if the Playstation is priced similarly I am going to have to start a budget for a couple of months.

I didn't believe the $399 price tag, I thought it was going to be $599, so I'm happy with the $499 price.

I didn't expect them to do the cheaper route right away either. Gives them room to drop the price over the years and get some press from all of it like they did with the 360. I'm more curious to see how well the Xbox One does now that they announced that they will still be supporting the Xbox 360 for at least the next 5 years, while releasing hundreds of games for it, and on top of it they're releasing the same games (so far) as the Xbox One. Other than some exclusives that I think will be available just on Xbox One so they can persuade you to join the Xbox One community

$499 seems reasonable, at least as a starting price. However, I won't be buying any new console until the prices drop in a year or two. I'll just milk my 360 for all it's worth for the time being.

$499 seems reasonable, at least as a starting price. However, I won't be buying any new console until the prices drop in a year or two. I'll just milk my 360 for all it's worth for the time being.

Yeah, not like they're dropping it completely and stopping new games from coming out. Kind of curious to see how well the Xbox One sells just because of that.

Well, this is... something. I was expecting 449$ max, and now they pull something like this for a media center. They did show some interesting games (HELL YEAH KILLER INSTINCT), but i don't think something like this is worth this price.

I wish it was about a hundred dollars less but I guess it could be more expensive so I'm not complaining. I'll just wait for a price drop or win a contest or something. (Didn't plan on getting one near the release date anyway)

This was 50-100 more than I expected and I have to say I'm pretty disappointed. I will not use the Kinect, or will I use many of the features that Microsoft is trying to sell so hard. I know they are trying to make the Xbox One the center of the living room but force feeding it by not making different price packages is going to kill them. I have to say that Sony really went after Microsoft yesterday, from DRM to the price, all of it was directed at Microsoft. I know where this drive is coming from, Sony already had a precarious launch with the PS3 and they don't plan on doing it for a second time. We'll see, I'm certain I won't be getting an Xbox One at release now.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for Killer Instinct. I did too, but then I realised it isn't made by Rare but rather Double Helix.

Here's a list of all of the titles they have released:

1. Silent Hill Homecoming (Regarded as the worst Silent Hill game by fans)

2. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (Shovelware that takes advantage of movie)

3. Front Mission Evolved (Average game, 5/10 by most reviewers)

4. Battleship (Must I explain...)

Rare IS having some oversight but hopefully that means creating the entire game. That would be great.

Pretty overpriced compared to the PS4 in my opinion. Cheaper prices, less policies, and I like how Sony listens to their customers, and gives them what they want as opposed to not listening to them at all (cough cough, Microsoft). I wish they increased the size of the PS4 though, it's almost the same size as the Wii U, dammit!

Pretty overpriced compared to the PS4 in my opinion. Cheaper prices, less policies, and I like how Sony listens to their customers, and gives them what they want as opposed to not listening to them at all (cough cough, Microsoft). I wish they increased the size of the PS4 though, it's almost the same size as the Wii U, dammit!

That price is crazy. No doubt because of the mandatory Kinect. Note to Microsoft, If you have to force everyone to have a Kinect maybe it isn't a good idea. Let's see how the userbase responds. I just don't see why Kinect owners need to upgrade, the people spending that kind of cash are hard core gamers.

I will wait until that price goes down to about $350 or $400. Although Microsoft will probbaly make sure that doesn't happen for a long time just to screw with our minds!!

Back