Xbox One Xbox One Recording

xSaVx Carnage

Ok, so i turned on "Record gameplay with game DVR and it keeps recording touchdowns on madden 25 so i turned it off and went to go play some ghosts and had some pretty nice clips i wanted the xbod to record so i said "Xbox Record That" and it says it recorded, I then went to look for my clips in the Upload app and i couldn't find it anywhere in there the only clips i found was Madden 25 clips...Now can someone tell me why or where i can find my other clips? Now keep in mind when i recorded the cod ghosts clips i had the "Record gameplay with game DVR" unchecked.

:confused:

I've checked around and so far, some gamers who've unchecked the DVR option said the Xbox One STOPS recording clips for video games. So unfortunately, if you turn off the DVR option, you're not recording clips. So all those awesome moments you had in Ghosts were not recorded. You'll have to turn on the DVR option if you want to record.

I've searched around as well, and creed is right. When you've unchecked the DVR option, you are no longer recording any gameplay video from then on. You'll need to have it on if you want to have new clips for later.

Guys, don't mislead this guy! All right my friend, I've researched on your problem further and it seems some players have had your problem too. Check out this Battlefield 4 forum post:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064770114197129/

The point: you'll need to be very clear and concise when you use the "Xbox, Record That" command because sometimes, while it may look like you're recording it, it may not actually be recording. I especially found this tip useful:

Mine works all the time, do you say "Xbox" slight pause then "Record that", sometimes you have to speak in a monotone. I found out the other day besides the auto record for rank up the xbox will auto record for defib kills, labels it as defib kill too lol

Edit: I find it helpful to wait 5 seconds or so after you do something you want to record, if not its always at the end of the clip and you have 20 seconds of useless video.

Also this one:

It's called calibrating your Kinect.

I've been able to record every clip I attempted to. Works perfectly. You can also record multiple clips over time. As many times as you say Xbox, record taht.

There you go. I hope it helps. thedoodseven and thecreed4life, research further okay?

Guys, don't mislead this guy! All right my friend, I've researched on your problem further and it seems some players have had your problem too. Check out this Battlefield 4 forum post:
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955064770114197129/

The point: you'll need to be very clear and concise when you use the "Xbox, Record That" command because sometimes, while it may look like you're recording it, it may not actually be recording. I especially found this tip useful:

Also this one:

There you go. I hope it helps. thedoodseven and thecreed4life, research further okay?

They did do proper research, your answer is actually wrong. I have been answering this question for people while working on answering questions as an Ambassador on the Xbox site. Currently the only way to turn off the Auto Record feature is to turn off the DVR altogether; unfortunately this will also turn off the "Xbox, Record That" ability as well. MSFT is rumored to be working on a fix to separate the options, but when such a patch will come through is anyone's guess. The original post was not complaining that the Kinect would not understand the command, but that it would say it recorded but didn't. The Kinect will always respond to the command by notifying you it has recorded, but if the DVR is turned off via the settings, the notification will actually be incorrect.

They did do proper research, your answer is actually wrong. I have been answering this question for people while working on answering questions as an Ambassador on the Xbox site. Currently the only way to turn off the Auto Record feature is to turn off the DVR altogether; unfortunately this will also turn off the "Xbox, Record That" ability as well. MSFT is rumored to be working on a fix to separate the options, but when such a patch will come through is anyone's guess. The original post was not complaining that the Kinect would not understand the command, but that it would say it recorded but didn't. The Kinect will always respond to the command by notifying you it has recorded, but if the DVR is turned off via the settings, the notification will actually be incorrect.

Well then there is my anwser so thank you Knightmare looks like ill just have to turn it off when i play madden then turn it on when i play cod ghosts.

Just got mine hooked up today finally. I too noticed that it is recording things on its own when it wants. I have zoo tycoon for my 5 year old and it has recorded about 8 clips from the first two tutorials she has played. Is there any way to turn this off? I dont want to fill up any part of the harddrive with these clips. Can u turn off game specific records? Or is it all or none?

Just got mine hooked up today finally. I too noticed that it is recording things on its own when it wants. I have zoo tycoon for my 5 year old and it has recorded about 8 clips from the first two tutorials she has played. Is there any way to turn this off? I dont want to fill up any part of the harddrive with these clips. Can u turn off game specific records? Or is it all or none?

Unfortunately the only way to change this is to turn off the DVR altogether; there will be more options added in the future. Keep in mind that the clips auto-delete as new ones are recorded, unless you specifically save that clip.

Back