Xbox One Xbox One rejected prototypes

ozadin

After seeing the images, I feel they did a good job on the console design. I like the bulky console design. It would only be better if it was sleeker, and not just a simple rectangle. The prototypes actually looked like a bunch of routers and modems stuffed together which looked pretty interesting.

Speaking at the Microsoft’s Worldwide Partner Conference 2013 last night, Ledbetter said of Microsoft’s aims when conceptualising its Xbox One design, “We wanted to make it simple and elegant, and we wanted it to be crafted and tailored, so it’s all about quality. Using those principles, we started to design.”

Via: VG247

It is true that it is interesting to see the different ways that the creators are followed before arriving at the final design.
This is a little complex than you think. I still expect better than that. But it is still good. I like what is massive.;)

It's not everyone who'll love this simple style. Gamers want more than that.

What reassures me is to know that the design has been seriously considered. This is a good thing.:cool:

I saw a picture somewhere of the rejected prototypes. Some of them looked more like props from a science fiction movie than a game console. I can understand that they wanted the system to be distinct, but I think simplicity is a lot more effective than something weird or outlandish.

Yeah, I also saw the picture of the rejected designs for the console. For the most part, the majority didn't look all the great, although I think there were a couple of gems in the leftover pile. To be honest, I feel as thought Microsoft went went te best design for the console as I don't think it's all that bad as some did when it was revealed back in May

Back