- 8 GB System Memory
- 500 GB HDD
- Blu-ray Drive
- 802.11 Wireless with Wi-Fi Direct
- HDMI In/Out
- USB 3.0
- No Always-Online

What do you guys think about this?
I am impressed with the Blu-ray choice, but does that mean we really won't be able to play Xbox360 games?

I'm watching the keynote now. I'm way more impressed than I thought I'd be. I'm pretty blown away by the TV-connecting stuff. It looked really powerful but easy to use, and I think the social aspects might change the way TV works in the future, I'm not even kidding.

I think I saw somewhere that Xbox One doesn't have backwards compatibility. Which would make sense with the Blu-Ray drive, although maybe they could do some legacy games via download? I'm not sure.

Spielberg is making a Halo show for Xbox... what?!?

Blu-ray Drive, huh? And yeah, I think they did already confirm that it will not play 360 games. Guess you'll need to keep your 360...

My favorite feature is that you no longer will have to get the remote, hit source, go down to "hdmi 2", hit enter, blah blah blah. I know that's an insanely minor complaint, but I like how everything will just be integrated now. No more searching for the remote either!

One part of the keynote that I didn't really understand, why would you want to browse the web on your tv beside a movie you're watching? And you have to control it with your phone anyway... why not just use your phone...

I also heard that the new Xbox would not be backwards compatible.

I wonder if we will be allowed to format and make use of flash drives again with the new console as we have now begun to be able to do on the Xbox 360?

I also wonder if 500 GB is enough memory? Won't the new games take more memory, like 10 GB or so? I have a 250 GB HDD on my 360, and I always am deleting stuff to make more room. As the new console will doubtless be more memory intensive, and it has been rumored that game installation will or may be required, I wonder why they didn't give us more memory? I guess to keep the price down? Will there be an upgrade to a bigger HDD?

I do love the inclusion of the Blu-ray player. I've been waiting to see if they would have that. If they didn't I was going to buy a standalone Blu-ray. Right now I just use my computer as/for a Blu-ray and hook it up to the big screen to watch movies. No more doing that for me come Xbox One launch!

I also wonder if 500 GB is enough memory? Won't the new games take more memory, like 10 GB or so? I have a 250 GB HDD on my 360, and I always am deleting stuff to make more room.

I guess this depends if the user buys physical disk copies of games, or downloads the on-demand versions. For me, it's the former, so I still have plenty of room on my 250 GB.
It also raises the point, I'd predict that this generation will be releasing many more on-demand downloads for games. I'd be interested if they reduce the price to reflect the game's worth. At the moment, most of the on-demand titles are overpriced.

I was wondering about the capacity myself. Does the Xbox One include DVR abilities? It certainly seems like it does, since it was saving your "favorite" shows, I assume its recording them for you. DVR + game content I feel like you could fill up that capacity pretty darn quickly.

I was wondering about the capacity myself. Does the Xbox One include DVR abilities? It certainly seems like it does, since it was saving your "favorite" shows, I assume its recording them for you. DVR + game content I feel like you could fill up that capacity pretty darn quickly.

A fair point!
They certainly made it sound as though you will be able to record with it, didn't they?
They also mentioned in for games, I wonder how that will work?

The Blu-ray player is definitely a nice addition, but I'm still disappointed with the no backwards compatibility. And no plans for cloud gaming like PS4... I'm really conflicted.

I also wonder if 500 GB is enough memory? Won't the new games take more memory, like 10 GB or so? I have a 250 GB HDD on my 360, and I always am deleting stuff to make more room. As the new console will doubtless be more memory intensive, and it has been rumored that game installation will or may be required, I wonder why they didn't give us more memory? I guess to keep the price down? Will there be an upgrade to a bigger HDD?

I'm not positive, but won't the Cloud play a big role in saving stuff?

Here's some of the features that they added: This was from a reddit post.
Features
The Xbox One will have 2 different Operating Systems. The gaming OS will fuse together with a custom build Windows OS to allow you to switch between tasks with no performance loss.
Skype integrated with the console
Drop in and drop play will allow you pause the game, and continue it at the exact moment at any given time. (even if you're accessing it on another console)
Your games stay in sync with the world. (Ex: Your character stats in Sports games will automatically be updated in conjunction with what happens in the real world)
You can start playing immediately as games install, and updates install seamlessly in the background.
Advanced artificial intelligence will be able to learn how you play, and let your friends play against your AI when you're not around.
You will be able to switch between Music, Videos, Apps, OS, and Games near instantaneously.
300,000 + servers with Cloud Storage as a main focus.
HDMI Pass-Thru technology will allow you to watch TV straight through your Xbox.
Achievements are carried over.
Exclusive Partnership with EA.
Partnership with the NFL.
Partnership with Activision for exclusive early DLC for Call of Duty.
Your Xbox will be able to find you personalized matches while you're doing other things on your console.
They will be updating your friends list from 100 to 1000.

I'm pretty doubtful about the partnership with EA though, seems like a bad idea.

Blu-ray? That's so PlayStation 3 if you ask me.

I think Xbox redesigning its concept in video games has caused a lot of confusion. It's trying to do so much that it might forget the fact that it's supposed to primarily be a video game console. Microsoft, are you trying to become Apple?

Blu-ray? That's so PlayStation 3 if you ask me.

I think Xbox redesigning its concept in video games has caused a lot of confusion. It's trying to do so much that it might forget the fact that it's supposed to primarily be a video game console. Microsoft, are you trying to become Apple?

I have never even watched a blue ray video, then again I don't even watch DVD's anymore. I just rent videos on Xbox Dashboard or YouTube. I guess Blue Ray is big enough to get people's attention and I know many Xbox'ers complain about it not having it.

I have never even watched a blue ray video, then again I don't even watch DVD's anymore. I just rent videos on Xbox Dashboard or YouTube. I guess Blue Ray is big enough to get people's attention and I know many Xbox'ers complain about it not having it.

you forget the memory capacity difference between dvd/blueray when it comes to the actual games. I remember there was a post on here about the Metal Gear Legacy Collection and it being a ps3 exclusive cause it would take 9 dvd discs to make up MGS4 for the 360. Quite frankly I'm really happy with almost everything they've shown so far...a little doubtful on how seemless it'll be but overall if they can deliver then I think it'll be a great "all in one" machine and a nice complement to your other technologies.

Sounds pretty good to me. If you are running an 8 core AMD with a top end Radeon GPU you definitely have a monster of a system that will tear up any game software on the market currently. Those specs are pretty much bleeding edge at this point in time aside from those crazy people who build these monster systems just to max out their benchmark software. They are powerful but I am wondering how long it will take to maximize its use. What I am more interested in is the A.I. I'm still waiting for Microsoft to convey how they are going to revolutionize the GAMING experience. However, it is early and I cannot wait for more information to be released. Lets go E3!

Back