Xbox One Xbox One - up to 6 people can be logged on at once

ozadin

The Kinect is required for this feature from what I know unless I'm mistaken, and read wrong. This works through voice activation, so the Kinect senses who you are, and adapts the home screen the way you like it. This is impressive considering six people can be logged on the same console at one time. It doesn't have to be at your house either, you could go to your friend's house, or a stranger's house, the home screen will change if the Kinect hears your voice. A few more details are listed such as the 1000 friends limit, and the limitless follower option where you can see who's playing what, and the snap functionality that allows you to instantly switch between apps and games.

As we've reported in the past, the console uses Kinect's face and voice recognition to identify players the second they pick up the pad (or when you say "Xbox [something or other]") loading in a personalised dash and content without further prompting. You could say "Xbox, play Fable Legends", for instance, and the console would immediately fire up your very own Legends save file from cloud.

Via OXM

WoW that is pretty good there. I am not sure how many can be on the 360. Isn't like only 4 or something like that?

WoW that is pretty good there. I am not sure how many can be on the 360. Isn't like only 4 or something like that?

This sounds great, if it's accurate. I wonder if it allows more than 4 controllers to connect though? Not that anything supports it but still. I find the current Kinect pretty poor with my voice especially more than 10 feet. I look forward to having it be better.

This is pretty interesting as I definitely wasn't expecting something like this. It's also cool to see that the feature will be activated by the Kinect sensor through voice activation. I really can't wait to see how this features works in action though, as it may not be as easy as it seems. 6 people is still pretty amazing though.

6 people is a lot for one game system at a time. I think they should of just stuck with 4 people and not of upgraded to 6.

Well, I imagine this is mostly going to be enabled through the Kinect. Currently, the profiles are each assigned and logged in via a controller, and the console supported up to 4. Unless you can suddenly support more than 4 controllers for a game (which would be nice and plausible, but I doubt it), then I imagine the Kinect will use its voice/face recognition to log in multiple people at once if need be.

Its cool but having 6 people on at once wouldn't that be complicated having your friend has logged in from them all so say someone logged in on each it would be going insane i won't be using this if i do decide to get a xbox.

Up to 6 people? I am not sure how that would be possible. I dunno if I would let someone else log in to my console.

Up to 6 people? I am not sure how that would be possible. I dunno if I would let someone else log in to my console.

I think it more on the line of playing multi. or something. Like Double Dragon Neon, I can have up to 4 people signed in, BUT only 2 play at once. SO when 2 die, the other 2 come in.

Yeah, that's what I would think. Not really for 6 people playing one game all at once, but just streamlining having multiple people signed in at once.

Well, 4 players is one thing, because a lot of games have multiplayer that supports up to that number of players, but six? Why would you need all of that at the same time?

Well, 4 players is one thing, because a lot of games have multiplayer that supports up to that number of players, but six? Why would you need all of that at the same time?

Who says they wont make 6 player games?

The Kinect is required for this feature from what I know unless I'm mistaken, and read wrong. This works through voice activation, so the Kinect senses who you are, and adapts the home screen the way you like it. This is impressive considering six people can be logged on the same console at one time. It doesn't have to be at your house either, you could go to your friend's house, or a stranger's house, the home screen will change if the Kinect hears your voice. A few more details are listed such as the 1000 friends limit, and the limitless follower option where you can see who's playing what, and the snap functionality that allows you to instantly switch between apps and games.

Via OXM

Wait..what!??

We could go to a stranger's place and Xbox could hear our voice and adapt accordingly? How the hell?

Does this mean our voices are being stored off in some server and being analyzed so ANY Xbox in the world is able to recognize it?

That's pretty scary.

Wait..what!??

We could go to a stranger's place and Xbox could hear our voice and adapt accordingly? How the hell?

Does this mean our voices are being stored off in some server and being analyzed so ANY Xbox in the world is able to recognize it?

That's pretty scary.

I actually heard its based on facial recognition attached to your gamertag.

That sounds really neat, but I won't lie, I'm slightly creeped out by it.

LOL! It may be creepy but I have nothing to hide so they can keep my sexy voice all they want lol ~!!!!

Back