Xbox One Xbox One virtual keyboard revealed

SiNAR 212

N3RDC0RE
From
MI
Looks alot more simple, kinda like the whole W8 UI. Since its bigger it will be easier to type I would assume. Thoughts?

1.jpg

Via: OXM

I'm hoping it works well. I guess we'll see just how well the tracking on the new Kinect is. It sure does seem to be alot more advanced then the previous. Patiently waiting...

It looks promising, doesn't it? I agree, it seems like it would be easier to input.

It doesn't look too bad, but I still hate such keyboards. I mean, I know there aren't too many options when it comes to typing with a controller, but I personally prefer the way Steam's Big Picture mode does it over this kind of keyboard (the stick is a wheel, you move it in certain directions to get into a sort of smaller wheel in which each button is a different letter... look it up since my explanation of it sucks). I would like to have a keyboard like that as an option at least. Still, does look better than previous ones.

Looks good, hopefully they copy Swype and let you use your hand in one continuous motion, I would also like to see a true chat pad though. I use mine religiously.

Honestly, I'd like to see what the chat-pad will look like. If they announced it, I'd pre-order at least 2 today.

I never used the 360 chat pad because I was pretty fast on the on screen one. So im guessing they came in handy?

It doesn't look too bad, but I still hate such keyboards. I mean, I know there aren't too many options when it comes to typing with a controller, but I personally prefer the way Steam's Big Picture mode does it over this kind of keyboard (the stick is a wheel, you move it in certain directions to get into a sort of smaller wheel in which each button is a different letter... look it up since my explanation of it sucks). I would like to have a keyboard like that as an option at least. Still, does look better than previous ones.

While it does get some time to get used to it, that was some really simple thing that makes typing easier.
But still, for heavy text moments, i usually have a keyboard by my side, it's a lot easier for me to just type in on a QWERTY keyboard.

Finally a look into the Xbox One's keyboard. They certainly took their sweet time.

And yea, it does look much better. And considering kinect 2's advanced capabilities I'm hoping it works as intended. Bigger is definitely better in this case.

I never used the 360 chat pad because I was pretty fast on the on screen one. So im guessing they came in handy?

For me, indeed they do. I'd love to use a wireless keyboard for most of the chat kinda thing...but when gaming, I'm going to need that chatpad even more now with skype..

idk it dosnt look that great.. but id like to see it in use not just a picture.. i personally didn't think the microsoft launch looked very streamline. it looked very ocastrated and almost pre done.. the software may not have been 100% which is fine but it looked very laggy in response to how he showed streching hands and general gestures with the user interface. felt the same way with forza5 and tv and dashboard bouncing arround. it wasnt super fluid.

as for keyboard ehh i hate typing in my shift codes on boarderlands2.. they release golden keys,skins,guns,heads on the regular and its a 15 number/letter sequence id rather kinect be able to scan or see a sequence and fill in the blanks. now the big problem with that is the codes are on twitter,forums,facebook so its not like it could be seen easily via kinect. with things like gamestop receipts having codes that is a ensable request.

Looks good, but I won't know how I feel till I use it. Hope its good, cuz I never really used my chat pad. Now if only we could get some interface videos going, especially personal profiles and friend list.

A really amazing addition. I am not sure exactly how it will work though. Let's see how things pan out.

I hope it also moves faster than the chat is now. Im pretty quick at it and sometimes I can feel a delay lol

idk it dosnt look that great.. but id like to see it in use not just a picture.. i personally didn't think the microsoft launch looked very streamline. it looked very ocastrated and almost pre done.. the software may not have been 100% which is fine but it looked very laggy in response to how he showed streching hands and general gestures with the user interface. felt the same way with forza5 and tv and dashboard bouncing arround. it wasnt super fluid.

as for keyboard ehh i hate typing in my shift codes on boarderlands2.. they release golden keys,skins,guns,heads on the regular and its a 15 number/letter sequence id rather kinect be able to scan or see a sequence and fill in the blanks. now the big problem with that is the codes are on twitter,forums,facebook so its not like it could be seen easily via kinect. with things like gamestop receipts having codes that is a ensable request.

I'm hoping (in my silly little world) that we won't have to enter codes in anymore. You get a QR code and that Kinect that's 'Ten times more powerful' with it's 1080p lens can just scan the QR code in and viola!

I dislike codes, and often (not that often, but still) I'm excited to get whatever it is the current code is and I seem to mistype a few times...

Silly dreaming I know...but why the @#$ not, right:?

I'm hoping (in my silly little world) that we won't have to enter codes in anymore. You get a QR code and that Kinect that's 'Ten times more powerful' with it's 1080p lens can just scan the QR code in and viola!

I dislike codes, and often (not that often, but still) I'm excited to get whatever it is the current code is and I seem to mistype a few times...

Silly dreaming I know...but why the @#$ not, right:?

This was confirmed via Twitter previously! So enjoy! lol One of the programmers tweeted it was a confirmed feature of the kinect.

This was confirmed via Twitter previously! So enjoy! lol One of the programmers tweeted it was a confirmed feature of the kinect.

Now THAT is awesome. See its the small things like this that will make the KiNECT EVEN BETTER THAN BEFORE.

Back