Xbox One Xbox One will not be using HDCP for gaming

ozadin

HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) is a kind of protection to prevent copying video or audio content. This means let's players will be able to capture gameplay just like the Xbox 360 without any limitations. It was confirmed by a tweet. Pretty good news nonetheless.

While the Xbox One will have Twitch.TV streaming as part of its default feature set, Let’s Play creators will be happy to hear that the Xbox One will not be using HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection) on games.

Via Technobuffalo

This news does not particularly affect me, but it is nice to know that producers of Let's Plays will have a much easier time now that those restrictions have finally been lifted. Some may bash the people who indulge in this activity, but I find it is a good way to really get the feel of a game or franchise before deciding to purchase it. It is a form of promotion, rather, and perhaps gaming companies are beginning to realize this and are becoming more and more open to the activity. I know quite a few people who decided to purchase games based solely on video reviews and LPs.

Good news, thanks for the share!

Back