Xbox One Xbox One will transfer over Xbox 360 gamerscores!!!

Reptar7

Website
www.callofdutyghosts.us
With today's May 21st reveal of the Xbox One, we got a ton of information about Microsoft's next generation console. One piece of news that I was particularly interested in and very happy about was the fact that it past Xbox 360 gamerscores, profiles, and avatar information will be transferred over to the new system. I would assume that this also means that Xbox Live accounts will carry over, so we won't have to buy brand new year passes to play Call of Duty on the new Xbox.

I'm very happy that the gamerscores and profiles will carry over, as it means I won't have to start a whole new friends list and try to find and reconnect with all my friends. It also mean that I won't lose my 20,000 gamerscore that I built up over the last 6 years!

What do you guys think about the gamerscores and profiles transferring? Are you glad to hear the news? Or were you looking forward to starting over with a new profile and clean slate?

They said it during the reveal on Spike TV! Not sure if that was Spike saying it or if it was a Microsoft representative, but either way that is what was said.

I think this is great news, it means everything I've worked for over the last couple of years won't be forgotten and considered my "last gen score".

I can keep my friends list, score, games played (and that infernal avatar). I can't see why people would want it otherwise!
It's a shame we'll likely not be able to play 360 games, with the addition of the Blu-ray drive. Which is of course, a good thing in the long run. ;)

They're also transferring the price of Xbox Live over to the Xbox One. Although, I have to admit with some of the new features they're finally providing a service that makes it a bit more worth it. I believe they said that their Live servers will truly function as servers now, and could do computations for games, so if I'm understanding this correctly we could finally see the end of people having "host" advantage in games. I believe this was an issue STILL in the last Halo game I played.

Awesome. I was pretty sure they would transfer the gamer scores, since a lot of people worked hard for their scores.
With all these new releases, and specs, I'm really excited. Hopefully, all this useful information will be compiled in an official xbox video. Now all we need are some hints and details for the PS4.

This is great! Gamerscore is kind of a silly concept in the first place but I'd hate to lose all my hard work.

Anyone else seen Stallion83 in that Xbox Anthem video? I'm sure he played a key role in the gamerscore/achievement side of the Xbox One. He's the guy going for the 1 Million Gamerscore over at 1milliongamerscore.com - He's got over 800K gamerscore now I believe.

Probably the best thing about the Xbox One's announcement so far :p

Would be ridiculous if it didn't carry over...

Anyone else seen Stallion83 in that Xbox Anthem video? I'm sure he played a key role in the gamerscore/achievement side of the Xbox One. He's the guy going for the 1 Million Gamerscore over at 1milliongamerscore.com - He's got over 800K gamerscore now I believe.

Oh wow, never heard about this guy, but that is one hell of an achievement. As a fellow achievement hunter, major respect to this guy!

Back