Xbox One Xbox One Wireless Controller, Charge Kit and Chat Headset Prices - Pre-Order

AvalonX

I am disappointed. First of all, why can't Microsoft just have built in rechargeable batteries like the DS3 does? In addition, that headset looks like it is just a bit nicer than the free one's you used to get for free. I really wonder sometimes if they are going to smarten up at all. They could have easily bundled this for the cost of the controller. The play and charge is just a USB cable with a rechargeable battery pack.

Xbox One Wireless Controller with Play and Charge Kit: $74.99
Xbox One Play and Charge Kit: $24.99
Xbox One Chat Headset: $24.99
Xbox One Wireless Controller: $59.99

Via: Microsoft Store

Seems pretty expensive , £40 for the wireless controller, at the moment you can buy official 360 controllers for nearly half that price which just seems a bit of a joke. It looks like Microsoft are really in it for the cash this time round. I am interested to see how much the DualShock 4 will cost, I guess then we can truly see who's the bad guy here.

Eh, I really wouldn't mind buying a controller for $60, it's pretty much an average price on release date, I'm sure they'll lower the price as time goes on. As for the headset, hopefully it will be as good, if not better than stock headphones since I don't like having a headset that is not comfortable, and produces horrible sound quality.

the controller has been on gamestop for a while.. the price is on par with xb360 new oem controllers so thats nothing new.

the charging kit is not all to bad. iirc it was said its a usb style charger similar to the 360's charger pack.. which i do like.

as for the chatt head set... thats not really that bad.. the next option is a 100bux... and next up is 200.. im ok with the 30bux for one.. if its decent.

I dont mind paying for a controller at all for 60 bucks. It costs sure hell alot more money to make a controller, than make a disk and a cheap plastic case for 60 bucks. If you want to play with 4 people on your own system, there should be a pretty hefty price to pay.

Seems pretty standard fare. I think 60 dollars is a borderline outrageous price to ask for just a single controller, but it's what they're asking now for Xbox 360 stuff, so I guess it's good that they haven't increased the price, at the very least.

I will say it again, the price is outrageous. Another thing to consider is this not including a headset and mic could really affect online MP. Think about it, unless people buy it they will not have a headset. With all the online games, CoD, Battlefield, Destiny, Halo this is becoming a bad decision.

Wow the prices for most of these things are just incredibly dumb, why would you charge 60 bucks for a controller. I guess it doesn't really matter since you get a controller when you buy the thing and no games are same-screen multiplayer anymore.
Also I hope you can charge your controllers using the console otherwise having to spend even more money just so that you can keep playing games is really stupid.

Wow the prices for most of these things are just incredibly dumb, why would you charge 60 bucks for a controller. I guess it doesn't really matter since you get a controller when you buy the thing and no games are same-screen multiplayer anymore.
Also I hope you can charge your controllers using the console otherwise having to spend even more money just so that you can keep playing games is really stupid.

their is a 25 dollar charging kit for xb1 controllers other wise its like the 360 with 2 AA batteries.

again the price is nothing new.. its within a few dollars of the 360 oem today. and fyi its the exact same price as the ps4 controller.

I totally agree with you on that fact, concerning the batteries for the controller. I love playing my Xbox 360 in my free time, and I have a ton of free time! Having more free time on my hands, means going through a ton of Double A batteries alot quicker! I cannot stand it whenever I'm playing a game, and once I really start enjoying myself the controller powers off because the batteries died. That is extremely annoying for any Xbox fan. I also agree with you on their upgraded headset for the Xbox One. It looks nice, but it does't look new, honestly it looks like it is cheaply made.

To me, it looks like the battery compartment is removable. Right now with my 360, I use nyko rechargeables. I think I'll just stick it out until they come up with something.
The thought of built-in batteries makes me cringe...when the batteries are used up, I've then been forced to throw away an otherwise good controller?

I'm kinda glad it looks removable, gives me hope!

Most companies do not bundle if they plan to make more money, they separate it out, charge it up and in the end the consumer decides. I have a feeling this is a test roll. Launch when they do, see where the prices sit for a bit and adjust as needed to get rid of stock.

Back