Xbox Profile Email Changing Issues

JamesCarstairs

Honestly, this entire situation has frustrated me enormously, so I'm just going to try to summarize it as best I can.

1.) A few years ago, when I got an Xbox, I set it up so the email I had set up to my Xbox profile was my school email. (Which, in retrospect, was a horrible choice.)
2.) At some point, that email was deleted. I didn't particularly care, as I never played online, and I only used that email to watch YouTube while I was at a relative's house who had internet.
3.) I'm getting an Xbox 1 soon, and I want the gamertag I have set up to my old account, because I like having the same gamertag for as many things as possible.
4.) I went to go switch the email, thinking it would be simple. Nope. Every time I try to change the email on my Xbox directly, it gives me an error sending me to Xbox support. Whenever I try to do it on the computer, it tells me to verify the link that they're sending to my email. (The Microsoft account and email that was created are still operational and accessible, but the email inbox is empty, and they're trying to send it directly to the email.)
5.) Whenever I try to call Xbox support, a robot tells me the link for accessing help online. Whenever I try to use the help online, it just repeatedly sends me to a few pre-answered FAQs that don't help me at all. I once managed to get a bot that seemed to help in making the email I want to swap to in proper order, but I haven't been able to find that bot since.
6.) At one point, I think I posted on the Microsoft forum. I forgot to check to see if there were any responses, and when I went back to the point in time I think I posted it, nothing was there.
7.) In all honesty, if I were able to find a way that deleted my profile and made my gamertag fully available, I would take it. I only have a couple of small purchases on the account, and I am more than willing to sacrifice them to make this nightmare end and created a new account.

Sorry for the wall of text, and thanks for reading through. I just really want help.

Back