Xbox One Xbox's new avatar to have touch controller and illumiroom projection

bryce12

From
New Jersey
Hey guys,

Microsoft is going to unveil the next generation of Xbox on May 21. While nobody knows the next avatar's name or what features it will have, a lot of rumors are flying around in the tech world and Xbox discussion forums. According to latest set of rumors, the product is going to be called Xbox Infinity and it will come with a touch controller and illumiroom projection.

What are your thoughts regarding this? Personally, I can't wait for May 21 and I'm looking forward to get my hands on the new version.

Bryce

There are so many ideas floating around of all the features this next console will have, Microsoft has a big statement to live up to. Hopefully they will add enough features to make the new console worth the wait and money for it, or else they will disappoint a whole lot of people who love xbox gaming. They can make a lot of money, or lose a lot if their console isn't "different" enough. These features are really cool, but almost seem as if Microsoft is trying to keep up with other consoles out there with great new features.

I've heard rumors of being able to control it with your tablet. I don't see the use in changing the current controller. But I'm sold on the IllumiRoom. I mean, it seems somewhat 3D. So, would I buy the new console if it didn't have some of the rumored features? We'll just have to wait and see...

I don't see how this illumination thing will be included or cheap. Then again, I would rather they put the money into hardware instead of Kinect 2. That illumination from the videos seems cool but maybe distracting and obviously will only work in dark rooms.

Yeah, it looked really cool, specially the augmented reality thing. I just hope that thing has games to support it, because it will be another media hub than a new generation console.

Back