Yes, the PlayStation 4 Supports External Storage, but There’s a Catch

SiNAR 212

N3RDC0RE
From
MI
Well now I am wondering if the X1 will let us use it to put game son it, probably not :(

It was probably a given, but we now know that while the PlayStation 4 supports external storage (like the PlayStation 3 before it), we won’t be able to use that storage to play downloaded games. Thank Sony games honcho Shuhei Yoshida — one of those rare corporate divisional presidents who spends a pile of time fielding questions on Twitter, pretty much daily – for confirming as much last week.

Read more: Yes, the PlayStation 4 Supports External Storage, but There?s a Catch | TIME.com

Via: Yes, the PlayStation 4 Supports External Storage, but There?s a Catch | TIME.com

Probably not. It'll be for portable saves only, which is redundant because of the cloud

For a moment i thought they limited the Playstation 4 for it's original native HDD that came with the console and you couldn't use external HDD in a sense that you couldn't bring another one other than the original one. But oh well, same thing as the PS3, so no big deal.

I don't think that it's that bad of a catch to prevent me from using the external storage. Though I am not sure if I will ever need to actually use external storage. The fact that there will be 33 games at launch makes me think that eventually, a lot of users will need the external space. I'm OK with it not being functional for downloadable games. No biggie.

Back