Xbox 360 You can only play one game for the next year...

jardantuan

What would you pick?

If it's an online game, we'll assume the communities are still there, and don't diminish over time (so if, for example, you picked CoD, there will be the same number of players regardless of whether a new game has been released). You'll always be able to find games, and won't have any connection issues - it'd be unfair if the only game you have is ruined by poor connections.

Personally, I'd choose Tales of Vesperia. It's such a long game (60+ hours, depending on how much you choose to do throughout the game) and it's such a good game too. There are very few games I play through after beating, but every game in the 'Tales of' series warrants multiple playthroughs in my book. Multiple difficulty levels, several characters that all handle very differently and a host of secrets and side-quests mean that you'd be able to draw a lot of playtime out of it if necessary.

That's a really tough decision! I love halo 3, but reach has a better forge. CoD is fun, but the people are annoying and not very good. hmmm. idk, i don't think i can figure that one out! :p

The best choice to go for (assuming I still receive updates and changes made to the game over time), would be almost definitely an MMO. I get bored of my favourite games quickly, and having to play one for an entire year would be more of a curse than a blessing. On the other hand, I could get by with something like WoW because there's simply so much to do and see. Even after I've lost several years of my life playing it. :rolleyes:

Definitely an MMO as mentioned above, most games I play only seem to have a play time of a month at most, with the exception of Skyrim which I played for a little longer than three months. But MMO's keep you coming to storm dungeons with your friends. Ask me this question in a few months time and I think I'd say The Elder Scrolls Online... assuming of course that it will be all it's cracked up to be.

If I could only play one game for the next year, it would either be Grand Theft Auto 5 or one of the Call of Duty titles. Those are the two major games I've been playing lately and about the only two that I care to play the online multiplayer environment.

Definitely an MMO as mentioned above, most games I play only seem to have a play time of a month at most, with the exception of Skyrim which I played for a little longer than three months. But MMO's keep you coming to storm dungeons with your friends. Ask me this question in a few months time and I think I'd say The Elder Scrolls Online... assuming of course that it will be all it's cracked up to be.

I wouldn't survive a year with a single game, even if it was my beloved Dark Souls or Borderlands 2.

Probably an online FPS, Halo or Call of Duty would do just fine. I don't think I'd be able to play a game for a year if all it had to offer was a linear story progression. With online shooters it feels like every match is different, and thus it retains a lot of replay value.

If the community never diminished, always found a full game, and continued to get updated, I'd easily stay with Modern Warfare 2 for a full year. Speaking of which, as you'll read in my thread about Ghosts, I went back and bought Modern Warfare 2 again a few days ago. A lot of people still play it, and it's just as good as I remember. Sure, the netcode is awful at times, but it's by far the most entertaining Call of Duty title in my opinion. Seeing as I spend a couple of hours every night playing it now with it's diminishing player base, I'd EASILY be able to enjoy it for a full year again if that 300,000+ player base came back and never left, haha.

I'm going to say Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. I really liked that game despite the opinions of other people. Honestly, I usually do this every year and only play 1 game. A different Call of Duty game every year. Sometimes I buy multiple games such as this year, but normally I just play one game a year.

Back