Xbox 360 3rd party gaming accessories

jose26425

I'm interested to see how many of you buy 3rd party gaming accessories, or equipment that was not designed by microsoft. Mad Catz controllers is one such example. Do you buy these items? If so, what is your main motivation? Is it the price? If you don't buy them, then what is your reason?

I've never bought third party accessories for the Xbox. I did have a Mad Catz controller for my PS2 though.
I do use flashdrives not made by Micrsoft for external hard drives though, if that counts.
I think price is the main motivation for everyone.

I have a Turtle Beach headset which does wonders for me when I play. I also purchase controllers online through various websites. They're customizable and they're also no-slow controllers so I know I'm not at a disadvantage when I play.

I used to get the afterglow controllers, but the one I bought for the original Xbox was a bit of a dud. I like the way they look, but they feel a bit cheap for what they are. If I got a really good deal on an Xbox 360 one, I may consider it; but my general rule is that I don't buy third-party accessories.

Third Party is just another option, I use an afterglow (I like the size of it but ya it goes feel cheap) for my main controller and turtle beach X12s. When I first got my 360 I had the wireless headset and a plug n play but both of them broke a couple of months in so instead of dropping the 80 bucks for new stuff I took it and bought third party stuff that has lasted about 5 years.

havnt bought a 3rd party controler since ps2.... still on my xb360 headset... so far nothing really 3r party.

I bought a few things third party, but most of the official stuff was superior this time around, especially the controller. The official headsets are functional, but most definitely inferior to a TB, Sennheiser, or Tritton. I'm not sure if this counts, but the answer to getting more storage for me this gen was buying flash drives.

I bought a 3rd party fan attachment for my first Xbox 360. Though that didn't even help it from not getting an RROD. I've never bothered with a MadCatz controller or Turtle Beach headphones because I don't need to invest a hundred dollars in order for an "advantage" online.

I usually keep my 360 on a raised platform with a wire frame for added airflow. I've never gotten a red ring of death, but I'm really dreading it ever happening. If it does, though, it will be because the console has run its course and not because I didn't take good care of it, because I do.

I have no problem with purchasing third party accessories. I've had great success with 3rd party controllers, particularly Dreamgear and MadCatz products. I just can't bring myself to pay the price of a full game for a damn controller, especially with the wear and tear that's put on them. Back in the day, there were quality issues with 3rd party accessories, but I believe those concerns have been quelled in recent years.

I've purchased a few MadCatz products in the past, but nothing more than that.

I've been pretty lucky online finding Microsoft's controllers. The last one I bought was only like $35, and I still have it. It's a bit worn, but I used it probably for thousands of hours so that's understandable. I suppose it depends on where you find it, but I think a little shopping around can save you as much money as buying a cheaper third-party controller.

i once bought a game genie turbo controller for xbox and a daytel one also. They both were pretty worthless.

Back