Xbox 360 84 year old grandpa playing CoD

Jessi

Someone may have already posted about this, but when I searched for a thread on it, I didn't come up with anything. I've seen it being talked about all over other places, though.

I love when he says "All I have to do is kill you? That's what I've been trying to do!" and when he just keeps saying "eee, eee, eee!" Haha! There is no way my grandpa would've played like this with me.

His ol' heart wont stand the rage CoD gives you.
Looks like a pretty cool grandpa!! :cool:

I thought Call of Duty was only played by toddlers nowadays, this is the polar opposite!

I kid, I kid. Still, reminds me of this one time I saw a post on like Destructoid of a very old lady that was loving the shit out of Disgaea on her PS3.

It's good the whole "gaming is for kids" thing seems to have died completely.

It's good the whole "gaming is for kids" thing seems to have died completely.

At the same time, I think some people still think that middle-aged adults shouldn't be playing. So gaming is for kids....and it's cute when old people do it....but the people in between are just lazy or stupid or "too old" to be doing this or that, etc. It can be frustrating for a lot of people.

What a bad ass of a grandpa that is! Ha ha, great video! We need more old fellas like that!

That's not just any old grandpa playing CoD. That is the grandpa of CoD, he just doesn't know it.

I bet he got a real good kick out of it. I'm glad to see people that don't consider that the main game of society, even though most people play it. It would be hilarious if the others in the background knew they were playing with a senior citizen.

"eeee, eeeee, ouuuuuuouuuuuu." His reactions are hilarious, the players they're playing with are probably thinking that somebody's voice is pretty off, or he probably lost his voice after eeee-ing non-stop, lol. I should comment in that video and request him to play NBA 2k13 or Left4dead.

I have an uncle who is 70 and plays Sniper, CoD and many other games. He gets really into them and there are times he turns it up so loud that I am surprised that nobody has called the cops for excessive gun shots coming from his house :)
I read an article that said it is a good thing for seniors to play video games and it is supposed to be almost like a therapy. It helps with their hands and I think it was their memory too. So all the seniors who are playing games just tell people you are in therapy and to leave you alone until you are done!

I read an article that said it is a good thing for seniors to play video games and it is supposed to be almost like a therapy. It helps with their hands and I think it was their memory too. So all the seniors who are playing games just tell people you are in therapy and to leave you alone until you are done!
The best therapy. I hope to be in this therapy when I am old!

CoD is nothing compared to his experiences in WW2 (if he ever participated in the war). Maybe he want to relive the good old war days. Still it's pretty cool that he even knows how to hold a controller and press the numerous buttons. Will I also be like this when I'm 84? Hmm, who knows... Maybe.

my mother manages a assisted living facility... they have a 360 and wii in their building... the bowling league nights are hillarious from what im told.. old time smack talk. no cod games altho their are a few vets i dont think id be allowed to bring in cod to play with them...

I think that's so cool. I really hope that when I get older, I am capable of keeping up with the times. I know if I passed my grandpa a controller, he wouldn't have any idea what to do, it would take a whole day just to explain the Start button. I hope I'm a part of whatever the future of gaming holds.

I wish he was my grandpa! To me that is just wicked cool. My parents wouldn't even play COD with me, I guess it's because they knew they were going to die anyways. That's an awesome video though, I even sent it to a few of my friends.

That's really amusing. I wish I would have been able to see it in person!
Everyone reacts different when it comes to video games and I definitely don't think it's "just for kids".

Haha, my grandparents would never find video games entertaining. This video is actually awesome, thanks for sharing it. I would have loved to see him actually playing it though and how well or how bad he was doing, I think it would have been funnier to see him spazzing out, looking around and shooting everything but the enemy.

That is the best feel good video I've watched in awhile. Well done person who let their gpa get murdered by them a couple dozen times.

I wonder what his k/d ratio is. That will probably be me playing Halo and still complaining how it isn't as good as Halo 3.

I feel like his son forced him to play it, and post it on Youtube, but I usually think of that whenever I see parents playing a game. Anyways, he seems like a really cool guy, it's always hilarious to see people who don't know what they're doing

I used to think it was funny when my parents played games with me when I was a kid. Now the only people who play with me (local co-op or what have you) are generally around my age. It's too bad, since it's good fun once you get into it. My parents and siblings just aren't as dedicated as I am to my craft.

Back