Xbox One A cheaper Xbox One without Kinect?

So obviously simply saying "Kinect sucks" or "Kinect was unpopular" or anything like that is simply opinion. You don't sell 24 million units and have several million seller games in two years and be a failure (in which I even disagree with Kerosene31). Just isn't realistic. And just because the hardcore gamer doesn't like it, doesn't mean that it had a bad reputation. But:

For the record Reptar is making an excellent point - if one you don't agree with.
1. While there are multi-million sales for some Kinect games, practically every C.O.D. is a multi-million seller and no one has ever claimed that is a sign of them being awesome.

I don't understand exactly what you are trying to say here. I would say if a game sells a million, then it's sequel does the same (Kinect Sports), that it pretty much a good thing.

But I don't get your point.

2. The new Xbox is supposed to be built around the Kinect, but you don't (as told by Microsoft) require the Kinect to run your system. So really the question is how great is the difference in actuality.

And I'll repeat my last post on this. The disconnect from the Xbox One has more to do with people saying "well what happens if my Kinect breaks?". That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the integration of the Kinect into the Xbox One.

And to answer your question, it will always be easier to say "Xbox snap ....." than to stop what you are doing and make several button presses to get to the same thing. It's always going to be easier if you are watching TV to say "Xbox play Ryse" than to go through whatever button and analog stick presses you need to get out of the TV app or pass-through, go to where you can load a game, find Ryse, and click to start it.

I continue to use Skyrim as the example here. The fact of the matter is that using the Kinect makes doing things in that game FAR faster, and changes the gameplay dramatically. So imagining that across the entire Xbox One OS and into games, the answer is the difference is great.

3. You're hoping that a better sensor will mean a better item, but then again bigger doesn't mean better. Think of the PS3 and practically every game ported to it if going by comments. Still it is better than the PS2 technically and the 360 going just by tech included.

Reptar_On_Ice said:
3. But you're making a mistake. You're assuming that the Kinect 2.0 will be good. Sure, it'll be better than the regular Kinect, but the regular Kinect isn't that great. Even if it's better, it may not be worth the price of the extra 100 dollars. If worst comes to worst, sure, you'll just end up saddled with a really expensive webcam/microphone, but that's the thing. People don't want an expensive webcam or microphone. They don't even want the Kinect in the first place. Microsoft is forcing people to buy it, and if it turns out that more people don't want the Kinect than people do, Microsoft will be in a lot of trouble.

And again I disagree based on what I said earlier. And the part I bolded is completely untrue since many people here want it. If we were to listen to the rival console's fanbase, Microsoft dropped some of it's DRM not because they listened to their consumers or gamers, but simply because of pre-orders. Right? Ok, so if they are keeping Kinect in the box, it obviously means they are ok with where pre-orders are with the Kinect and the $100 difference. After all, they have also said pre-orders were trending above 360 launch levels, and they are poised for their biggest console launch in their history.

So obviously, saying "people don't even want the Kinect in the first place" is a mighty stab in the dark.

To me, it doesn't really make a difference. No matter what, I will be getting one on day 1. Even if it could come without the kinect for a lower price, I would probably still prefer it with the Kinect. I'm expecting some improvements with it, and I hope I'm not disappointed.

IGN interviewed Phil Harrison, who put that rumor to rest.

Harrison said,

Microsoft has been firm in their view of what Xbox One and kinect are. They have stated in other interviews that there are no future plans to remove the kinect.

Source: IGN

Thank you good sir. When I read that, I was shaking my head a bit. I haven'r heard every rumor out there, but this is something I don't believe I would have missed. But then again, it WAS Twitter. I figured I'd have better luck here getting correct information than there lol.:)

^^What everyone up there said!I agree with everyone!Now only if they get the X1 to speak in kitt voice from knight rider."Xbox On!" "I am ready Kenobi!" Sweet..... ;)

Back