Xbox One A game you thought was going to be really good, but is crap.

Guy

I don't have a good pick yet, but I just wanted to know if any of you gamers out there had bought a game you kind of got your hopes up for, but when you played it, the game play was terrible and the campaign wasn't what you thought it was going to be.

Well, that's what I felt when I first played CoD MW3, the campaign mode was not really what I was expecting from the game to be, I really got upset, I somehow wanted to return the game, but after a while I thought it was going to be a good thing to keep it in order to play with friends and stuff, but the campaign was trash in my opinion.

Well I could probably put a lot of the CoD games in here, but that is just me. I came here expecting a ton of people irate about the state of No Man's Sky. This thing was supposed to be the best thing ever and apparently everybody is already giving up on it, at least from what I am gathering. I cannot say I blame them, but I think I am liking it more than most people. I guess we will wait and see though, but thanks for sharing.

I haven't been gaming long enough to have a game that I hate. Right now everything is super exciting and new. I love all the games I've played so far. So maybe when I meet one that doesn't tick all the boxes for me, I'll be back here to tell you all about it...

I won't say I hate it but I'm extremely disappointed with Star Wars Battlefront. In this case....what campaign?

Over the years I've played many games that I've been expecting a lot from but then been ultimately disappointed when it came down to playing them, but for that I have to blame the advertising and marketing more than anything.

When a game is released for a console I think that we are all guilty of believing all the hype and then when it is released it's never going to be able to live up to what you thought it was going to be like, so then you have to take a step back and think is the game actually all that bad, or does it just seem like it because you have been expecting more?

Bf1 was a let down for me so much hype for a flop, dare i say I wish I would of bought cod infinite dislikes XD liked the zombies atleast in it

I really didn't like Halo Wars. Far from lived up to my expectations whatsoever. Another would probably be Need For Speed Most Wanted 2012 by Criterion Software. That game thoroughly and utterly annoyed me. The whole car switching story mode and horrible handling were so frustrating. NFSMW - Black Edition 05' was one of the best racing games ever. The follow up of that game was a severe letdown.

I don't expect the next game to be like the last. However, I don't expect the successor of that game to fall off a cliff either.

I have been disappointed quite a few times over the years since I tend to get overhyped and get my expectations up. I learned that it's smarter to just be as neutral as possible and not expect anything at all. Dumb but it's better than getting upset because the game ends up not delivering the promised.

The latest disappointment in my book was the new Mass Effect. Mass Effect Andromeda. I loved all the first three Mass Effect games and when they announced that they will make a brand new, damn, I got super excited. I couldn't wait for it and then when it was finally released... what the actual hell? What happened to it? The plot has so many holes, it feels badly designed, the graphics are all over... the characters are boring, the missions feel repetitive... just a big disappointment.

I can consider myself a lucky person because all my games-related waits have been rewarded with great games or new game releases that I already enjoy.

Of course I've played bad games (Titanfall 2 or Star Wars Battlefront, for example), but it was for friends' comments and not because I was anxiously waiting for them.

To be honest, Dragon Age Inquisition was this for me. I love the DA games, but Inquisition just flopped. I had no connection with any of the new characters, the Inquisitor's "personality" was about as interesting as a plywood board, the mind-numbingly repetitive combat, and the eeennndless sidequests and very few "main" missions all made it my least favorite of all the DA games. Plus the crap they pulled with having only half of it on the 360 and then making Trespasser only next-gen available. The graphics are beautiful, but damn is the rest of it a giant disappointment. I'm afraid of what to expect for Dragon Age 4.

Back