Xbox 360 A little insight from IGN regarding Titanfall on 360.

heavensdevil

I was browsing through for the day and found this article about the goings on with Titanfall on the 360. It caught my attention because there has been no news or coverage whatsoever on this version. It writer made a good point that most copies are probably going to be sold on the 360 because it has the most install base when compared to the Xbox One. If you're interested in what was written you can read it below:

IGN

Kinda worrisome to be honest. Seems really suspicious showcasing everything, endorsing everything for the shiny new Xbox 1 and not one thing for the 360 and also having a yet to be revealed developer working on the port. I really hope it's the same through out the systems. #ConsoleEquality haha

I honestly don’t know how EA would be so secretive on who’s working on the game. Sure, the evasion can help with preventing (temporarily) anyone wanting to criticize who is better at making “this” or “that” type of game, but it’s like they feel it’s going to destroy sales if they tell the truth.

Considering that they’re going to get part of the profits in the first place, why in the world would they need to give evasions with “Respawn hand-picked the team?” It seems to me that the representative they asked has yet to be informed of what’s going on in their own work field, or they're just afraid to respond to the truth in a bad manner. And since the article writer is going Detective Noir in cracking down the development team working on this, either this is just sensationalism and the article writer knows, and is probably just doing this to reap in more views. Or they need to broaden their contacts exponentially, especially when IGN should already be brimming with contacts that have contacts within contacts, seriously!

Kinda worrisome to be honest. Seems really suspicious showcasing everything, endorsing everything for the shiny new Xbox 1 and not one thing for the 360 and also having a yet to be revealed developer working on the port. I really hope it's the same through out the systems. #ConsoleEquality haha

Well, they seem to an exclusivity deal going on with Microsoft, no? I wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal was that they had to advertise the X1 version more so that people buy X1s :p

Well, they seem to an exclusivity deal going on with Microsoft, no? I wouldn't be surprised if part of the deal was that they had to advertise the X1 version more so that people buy X1s :p

Haha you definitely got me there.

I understand that the goal is to showcase the Xbox 1 to further promote the product, the only thing i'm just worried about is that not one gameplay video or any sort of content has surfaced for the 360 version. I have plenty of friends who still game on the 360 and just hope they don't get an inconsiderably downgraded version of a game priced the same.

I don't think that revealing who the devs are can affect the sales of the game on the X1 or the X1 itself for the matter so why the secret. I don't see the reason them keeping the name of the developer a secret. Not revealing gameplay that I can understand because they want to promote the X1's version. There isn't a single detail being released that's confusing me.

Back