Xbox 360 Any good workout games for kinect

axm6557

I am a stay at home mom, whose family has just acquired xbox with kinect. I am currently pregnant with my second baby within 2 years, and my body has changed enough to make that very obvious. I have looked and looked and only found a few workout type games for the kinect. I am looking for something that will teach me the correct form and posture for a range of different workouts that I can do at home. I have no training in working out besides what I learned in elementary school gym class. Does anyone have any good suggestions for me? I don't have the time or cashflow for a gym membership.

Have you tried this one:

51gcyDU9V%2BL._SY300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=B002I0H9WM&linkCode=as2&tag=thequiworofje-20

?

I highly recommend trying to find the yoga one, too. Especially because you're pregnant, it's something that can grow with you and you'll be able to continue on with, even when you're not able to do much cardio.

Oh! Or how about Tai Chi? That's another one that will focus on teaching you the correct form and might be more fun for you, too.

I know Jillian Michaels has a couple games as well, but I'm not sure that high intensity workouts are really going to work for what you're wanting.

This has been something I too have been wondering. A lot of people have been saying good things about "Your Shape" so much that I will have to check it out. Another thing, any tips in how well it tracks you with the Kinetic and the accuracy during your workout and how well did you do?

The Michael Jackson dance game is a good way to get into shape as well believe it or not. Dancing does wonders to the body trust me.

Another thing, any tips in how well it tracks you with the Kinetic and the accuracy during your workout and how well did you do?

I have read some studies on how accurate it is. Here's an example:

http://123kinect.com/kinect-forums/thread-3729.html

The Kinect 2 is accurate enough to lip read so in terms of tracking your body movements, I think it can pick up enough.

Take the calories burned and whatnot with a grain of salt, though. If you're really working hard, then it's going to be more accurate than if you're half-a$$ing it and trying to 'game the system'.

The Michael Jackson dance game is a good way to get into shape as well believe it or not. Dancing does wonders to the body trust me.

I was actually considering buying my mom an xbox for that game exclusively. She's a giant Michael Jackson fan and she did display some interest in the kinect when she was visiting once. Is the game actually that good? If so, I know what I'm getting her for her birthday.

I am a stay at home mom, whose family has just acquired xbox with kinect. I am currently pregnant with my second baby within 2 years, and my body has changed enough to make that very obvious. I have looked and looked and only found a few workout type games for the kinect. I am looking for something that will teach me the correct form and posture for a range of different workouts that I can do at home. I have no training in working out besides what I learned in elementary school gym class. Does anyone have any good suggestions for me? I don't have the time or cashflow for a gym membership.
Really most kinect games are going to be a workout to an extent. If you just jumped around and acted crazy a period of time each day you'd become fit lol. But on a more serious note, my girlfriend and her cousin both swear by the Dance Central Games, because they say they are much more entertaining than most workouts to the point that it really seems like having fun but you're still actively moving...As far as the tracking, a lot of it has to do with the lighting in the room and doing the calibration correctly.

Play Wii Sports. Oops, shouldn't have said that in this thread.

Well, most of those who replied are right when they say that most dance games would make perfect workout games. I suggest that you try Just Dance 4. It's one of the best dance games available for the Kinect. Just watch this video by Smosh and see for yourself.
[video=youtube;nwDCU9drwTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwDCU9drwTE[/video]

I would recommend any dancing games ... the Dancing Central games comes to mind. They are the only type of Kinect games that tires and makes me sweat. Dancing is a great way to burn calories and it's pretty fun with another partner and some audience :p

Wow, I am going to have to check into some of these workout games. I find that jumping around is workout enough. It does not help shed the pounds too quickly though. Having some of these games with a preinstalled workout plan might be like having a personal trainer.

Your shape fitness evolved is a really good game to get likewise Dance central. I would recomend any dancing game though because you would have so much fun doing it you feel like your working out when you actually are.

Yeah, i would recommend the Just Dance too. It's not a "workout" game, but it's the best game you can get to work out some sweat.

I know there are a lot of different exercise games, but I think one of my favorite games for exercising is Just Dance 3. It's lots of fun and great exercise. How old is your first child? Just Dance is a family friendly mulitplayer game, so if he/she is old enough, it might be fun to include them in as well.

One game I can tell you to avoid is the UFC trainer. I cannot stand using it because it is almost impossible to have the X Box Kinect sensor accurately record your motion while exercising. The game is challenging and it has good exercised but it is infuriating to have the game yell at you that you have incorrect form when you are actually following along perfect. It takes a lot of the joy out of the game to get a poor score no matter how well you perform the exercised, due to the sensor issues. I have had a much more enjoyable experience working out on the Yourshape 1 & 2 games.

I had very high hopes for the UFC trainer as I am an avid mixed martial arts fan. Hopefully they can work out the bugs and make a much more user friendly version in the next release.

I find those types of games quite boring and not helpful! I would rather go for a run or a real workout. However those types of dancing games are pretty good, those games that use the Kinect. Also playing competitive Wii sports is pretty awesome!

-Paul

If you want to lose weight, buy a stationary bike and use it. It will be 1000 times better than game you could find. These games just meh in my opinion.

My wife swears by the Just Dance games, she said she's lost 8 pounds just playing them and they technically aren't even workout games. I'd suggest giving them a whirl.

LoL mate you should try to find another way to keep yourself active at home rather than trying to get a way in a xbox personally that doesn't make sense.Well if you can not go out do some push ups and pulls ups with a bar,And after the dinner walk at least 200 steps.

Back