Xbox One Anybody else really dissapointed by the length of Ryse?

JackDannox

Microsoft marketed Ryse as one of their flagship games, and it looked amazing. After playing it, I thought it was mediocre, and nothing too special. But after hearing that the story was really short (5 hours, or so i've been told), I think that Microsoft kind of rushed it.

5 hours?! Wow... that's short. Hahaha, well not as short as Battlefield 4. My friend began playing it last night for a few hours and then today, after a few hours of playing, it was done. I'm like, "O_O eh?" I was just out doing some grocery and the story was done. WHAT? Man, EA concentrated heavily on multiplayer huh? What is up with developers and single-player campaigns these days? So Ryse got rushed as well.

I love Ryse and its one of my favorite games. I think the hours the game "actually" lasts depends on the player as I know I have played it more than 5 hours and not even close to finishing. I don't think length determines everything, did you have fun and enjoy it, that's the main point if you ask me.

It is also being setup as a multiplayer type game with add on maps like COD and BF so it can go on and on and on.

I love Ryse and its one of my favorite games. I think the hours the game "actually" lasts depends on the player as I know I have played it more than 5 hours and not even close to finishing. I don't think length determines everything, did you have fun and enjoy it, that's the main point if you ask me.

It is also being setup as a multiplayer type game with add on maps like COD and BF so it can go on and on and on.

So it's really in a way like the way you experience it. Maybe some rushed it or some just enjoyed it to the brim. I see. Well, if I ever get a chance, I;'ll just try it myself. Can't judge it until you try it, I say. As for the multiplayer element... ah, the COD and BF style.

What the?! just five hours? I was planning on buying it this weekend but after reading your replies on this forum, well I think I'll pass.

Microsoft marketed Ryse as one of their flagship games, and it looked amazing. After playing it, I thought it was mediocre, and nothing too special. But after hearing that the story was really short (5 hours, or so i've been told), I think that Microsoft kind of rushed it.

So it's really in a way like the way you experience it. Maybe some rushed it or some just enjoyed it to the brim. I see. Well, if I ever get a chance, I;'ll just try it myself. Can't judge it until you try it, I say. As for the multiplayer element... ah, the COD and BF style.

Yes, there are areas you can do a lot of things and fight a lot or you can just run thru them sometimes. When I go into an area, I do not move on until most of what I can kill is killed or beaten.

Same with a lot of the fighting. You can go in and fight, use combos, roll and so on or you can just keep pressing buttons with no rhyme or reason. A couple times you have to throw spears or use some kind of bow and you can play normally take your time aim and fire or you can just keep firing like a nut to try to be done quicker.

Back