Xbox 360 Assassin's Creed 3 Reviews

kevin

Contributor
Below you can find the reviews for Assassin's Creed 3. If you have any questions that the reviews didn't answer, start a new thread on the forum. Played the game already? Rate it above and tell us why you did or didn’t like it. Better yet, write your own user review!

5 out of 5 - G4TV
Read the full review here: Direct Link
There is so much story, so much multiplayer, and so much stuff to do that your average 10 hour game should be terribly ashamed of itself. In this economy, you can’t do better than Assassins Creed III.

9.5 out of 10 - EGM
The more fluid combat system and diversity of gameplay combined with the series’ most expansive setting and a still-engrossing story makes this the best Assassin’s Creed yet.

9.5 out of 10 - Game Informer
An overwhelming experience in its own right, Assassin’s Creed III is the crown jewel on an already excellent series, and it sets the mind reeling about the potential for where the story goes from here.

8.5 out of 10 - Game Spot
A resonant story, compelling exploration, and tense oceanic battles make Assassin's Creed III a rousing success.

8.5 out of 10 - IGN
Not everything about the game gels together convincingly and the missions’ unnecessary prescriptiveness sometimes undermines the sense of freedom that the rest of the game works so hard to create. But it achieves so much that you can’t help but respect it; no other open-world game has ever given us a setting that's as impressive to observe or as full of things to do as this.

8.5 out of 10 - Official Xbox Magazine
So, bottom line: does the game live up to AC II? Well, no. Ezio’s grand introduction is pretty damn hard to top, at least in terms of story content and franchise innovation. But that doesn’t invalidate Connor’s journey by any means. Assassin’s Creed III’s newly refined gameplay and incredibly rich setting are captivating stuff, and we’re excited to see what adventures lie ahead for our new hero.

8.5 out of 10 - Machinima
There have been five proper Assassin’s Creed games released in the last six years. This makes it all the more impressive that Ubisoft manages to deliver a worthwhile experience in Assassin’s Creed 3. There’s a certain amount of diminishing returns on the mechanical evolutions made but the fresh, authentic setting along with a brand new protagonist go along way in rekindling the fire.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with the OXM review. I'm only on Sequence 2 right now, but I'm really having to push myself to play this, whereas I couldn't put Assassin's Creed 2 down. I've heard that 3 is slow to start off, so I'm hoping that it picks up the pace soon!

I agree with the G4TV review and Jstep7262. There is SO much gameplay and I love it. I was literally up till 5 am on an exam day with so many sequences left to blast through (I was just doing the main missions too). I would really love to know the total amount of gameplay it takes to complete this entire game. Overall the gameplay and killing combinations are unreal. 2 major thumbs up.

I haven't played it yet because my little sister wants to give it to me for Christmas. I can't wait to play. My boyfriend already has it and from what I have seen the graphics and gameplay are pretty amazing. I can't wait to get a crack at those mission. From what I have seen I'd give it 5 stars!

Well climbing doesn't flow some buildings you are too steep some hills are also, tree climbing is rather pointless since you usually have to get off then run to the next set of climbable trees which you went past on the ones you took, it started fine with Conner as a child but really didn't pick up and the ending was boring. Glitches beyond belief with things floating or falling through the ground. Had a person with the ground at their waist just walking along. Full sync on missions isn't hard but you have to go out of your way for them. Such things as when retreating from an attack making an immediate left to kill a group of guards before turning back around then continuing on your normal path which takes 15 seconds when you only have 2 minutes

Assians Creed is a amazing series. l have yet to be disappeared in anything released. I love the storyline ,the graphics, and gameplay. This is easily my favorite out of the series.

The game is pretty sick, but I wouldn't say that it lived up to AC2. AC2 was so great and I truly thought it would've sparked something amazing for AC3. 3.8/5

Back